blackk
    1996 camaro z28

which headers/exhaust?

i have a 96 Lt1 thats completely stock and i was wondering what basic setup i should go with to make sound mean and make it faster. whats the difference between long and shorty headers? so pretty much im asking what headers to exhaust and everything in between i should go with?

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by TAallday View Post
    i have a 96 Lt1 thats completely stock and i was wondering what basic setup i should go with to make sound mean and make it faster. whats the difference between long and shorty headers? so pretty much im asking what headers to exhaust and everything in between i should go with?
    If you want something mean and relatively cheap, find yourself a decent set of longtube headers, an off-road y pipe (unless you need emissions), and a catback of your choice.
    ls1sounds.com has lots of different exhaust setups, mostly ls1s but there are some lt1s in there. Try to find something that you like and you could replicate that. If you want something loud you could go with a set of true duals, or a loudmouth setup. Only problem with the loudmouth is people say it gets raspy after headers.
    If you want a semi-quiet, deep sounding exhaust, hooker and magnaflow make great sounding catbacks as well.

There is no perfect exhaust setup, just try to find something of your liking.

IBM
    04 GTO

Just get long tubes you'll be happy with them, as for the catback it all depends on what sound you like I had flowmaster on my 94 z28 liked how it sounded but after everyone saying it chokes up the exhaust meaning its not a good flowing one I just bought a e-cutout. Cheaper then going out and getting a diff. one.

Thread Information