Sideways to da next light redline's Avatar

black
    2000 trans am

header questions

I just recieved a set of non emission pacesetters for my 2000 ta. Now as far as removing the egr ive got that but the air system has me a little stumped. There is a three way valve on the back right of the intake that has three 5/8 hoses leading to it,(two from the exaust manifolds and one leading to the pump itself). There is also a small sorce of vaccum going to this valve from the rear of the intake. My question is how do i dissasemble this and where do i cap the small vaccum hose. I have allready removed the cats and flashed the computer to ignore the rear o2 sensors so can i remove the sensors and wires to them all together or do they have to stay hooked up??? Also i have read that you can use the front sensors from a corvette so you dont have to cut to fit the stock sensors. If this is true what year vette do i need to ask for. thanks

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Are you sure you're looking at the right hoses? You should be able to snake them through the engine bay. When I took mine off they werent connected to any vacuum source.

Actually its the rear o2 sensors from a 2002 vette I believe. Part # 13111.

Last edited by ~redlinels1~; 03-09-2006 at 09:57 PM.

black
    2000 trans am

i am possitive bro they all intersect at this f-ing three way valve thing i cant figure it out.

99 Firebird Formula

The valve thing comes off. I think it is bolted on at the very rear. Try groping around barehanded and see if you can find the bolt. It also plugs into an electrical connector..disconnect that. Two of the hoses you can remove totally from the engine bay, the remaining one (I think it goes to the manifold but it's been a long time since I did mine) is the one that you plug.

black
    2000 trans am

thank you very very much! but there are two small vaccum lines one going into the electrical connector and one coming out that goes to this so called t-valve. so i was thinking instead of (blindly) fishing for a way to cap this vaccum sorce off at the back of the intake why not block it off after it comes out of the electrical connector? Because i cant see shit back there and my fat stuby hands damn shore cant reach back there. The Michtell on demand at work doesent even show a breakdown or a way to service this system so if you or someone can find a diagram for this to where i can accually see and understand it that would solve all my problems.

black
    2000 trans am

P. S. i also was wondering since ive allready had it flashed for the rear o2 sensors can i completely remove them from the electrical connectors or do they need to stay put for any reason.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

you can completely remove the rear O2s

Thread Information