Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gmmg

Blue
    02 Trans Am WS6

gmmg

i ordered a gmmg exhaust i wanted to no what catted y pipe would go good with this catback. i plan on getting longtubes later on but for now it has stock exhaust manifolds. the car is a 02 ws6.

pewter
    2002 Tans am WS6 M6

Got a set of edelbrock shorty and SLP large diameter Y will fit in stock locations I would like to move it (cheap)

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Richy_Rich67 View Post
    Got a set of edelbrock shorty and SLP large diameter Y will fit in stock locations I would like to move it (cheap)
    I would not go with shorty headers they are not that much better than the stock manifolds. You would be better of going with long tube headers and a catted y pipe

Blue
    02 Trans Am WS6

I was thinking of goin with QTP headers as far as the catted Y im not so sure dont no who i should run for that. Someone told me keep the original Y pipe on there wouldnt that rob me of alot of power?

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by animal323 View Post
    I was thinking of goin with QTP headers as far as the catted Y im not so sure dont no who i should run for that. Someone told me keep the original Y pipe on there wouldnt that rob me of alot of power?
    Yes the original y pipe will. Crawl under your car and look. Its tiny and flattened to tuck under the car. The difference is night and day from stock to aftermarket.

Red
    1999 Trans Am WS6

i want the same exhaust but my problem is that i won't be able to afford the headers and Y pipe right now. i can afford the exhaust next month, but would it be bad or mess the exhaust up if i waited to put the headers and Y pipe? I mean if it was welded on that is. i just trying to figure out how to work this out i would really hate to buy something else for the mean time i would end up having to wait longer for the headers and Y Pipe.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 02Sweet View Post
    I would not go with shorty headers they are not that much better than the stock manifolds. You would be better of going with long tube headers and a catted y pipe
    agree. dont waste the time and money for shorty's. the stock manifolds arent that bad anyway when compared to the cast iron ones of the past.

Red
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Is GMMG still in business? i call Today and the Phone Number was Disconnected. i have also heard stories of people Ordering but not Receiving there Exhaust.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

If you bought the gmmg enjoy it on your stock car. When you get headers invest in cats as it will be slp loudmouth loud.

Red
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    If you bought the gmmg enjoy it on your stock car. When you get headers invest in cats as it will be slp loudmouth loud.
    Thanks for the heads up i have heard the sound bytes and i like it but haven't heard a whole lot of feed back on this system. cats for me will be a must when i get headers. For now i think this system will work it is on back order so we will see i might change my mind and go a different route. U have been extremely helpful thanks again.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Sfgore_21 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up i have heard the sound bytes and i like it but haven't heard a whole lot of feed back on this system. cats for me will be a must when i get headers. For now i think this system will work it is on back order so we will see i might change my mind and go a different route. U have been extremely helpful thanks again.
    Sure thing

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Please don't provide direct links to non sponsors. Shoot a PM if you are trying to help someone out with the info instead

LSX Tuner/Mechanic

purple
    2057 Bugatti

There are a lot better exhaust options out there that don't cost a house payment to purchase. Just sayin...

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

Do a google search for classic chambered powerstick exhaust same chambered mufflers for a lot less cash.

Red
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    There are a lot better exhaust options out there that don't cost a house payment to purchase. Just sayin...
    Give me some examples.

Black
    2001 WS6

Ironically enough, the car will be quieter with longtubes than it would be with shorties..

LSX Tuner/Mechanic

purple
    2057 Bugatti

Quote Originally Posted by Sfgore_21 View Post
    Give me some examples.
    Hooker Catback (my personal favorite and the cheapest of them all)
    Magnaflow
    SLP Dual/Dual (Quiet, but flows great)
    SLP "2 on the left" (One of the best flowing, also sounds great)

There's tons of options. GMMG is a rip off. You're paying $800 for some aluminum pipes and 2 chambered glass pack style mufflers. Not too mention their customer service sucks.

Red
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    Hooker Catback (my personal favorite and the cheapest of them all)
    Magnaflow
    SLP Dual/Dual (Quiet, but flows great)
    SLP "2 on the left" (One of the best flowing, also sounds great)

There's tons of options. GMMG is a rip off. You're paying $800 for some aluminum pipes and 2 chambered glass pack style mufflers. Not too mention their customer service sucks.
    i haven't listen to the sound of the Hooker catback. i like magnaflow but it seems a little to quite for me well on the clip that is. The SLP i think has to much of a raspy but i will listen to all of them again before my decision and i haven't bought anything from the company that sells them so i have no judgements about there costumer service. thanks for your input i like getting feed back on this it really does help.

LSX Tuner/Mechanic

purple
    2057 Bugatti

One thing about "sound clips" on the net. Try to find clips of the car actually moving. Exhaust is going to sound totally different while under a load, as opposed to somebody just revving the piss out of the car while it sits still. I've heard tons of exhaust systems over the years that didn't sound that good while revving from a stop, but sounded great under WOT.

Also, I've done back/back testing on the Hooker before. On a 460rwhp heads/cam car, the Hooker muffler only gave up 5HP to the wide open cutout. That's pretty impressive for a $300 catback. Hooker also has a flange at the rear that can be unbolted, and you can drop the entire rear section of the catback for racing if you wanted to.

Some more food for thought.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

If your considering headers and y pipe later, then choose your catback wisely now. All LT headers and ORYs create some or a lot of rasp. The catback will determine how bad it is gonna sound. Magnaflow seems to be the catback of choice to eliminate most or all of the rasp. But there are others. There are also other methods to kill rasp, like adding an additional bullet muffler in the I-pipe or using a different muffler.
    If you are gonna go with a catted y pipe in the future, then just about any catback will sound nice. The cats really knock down and kill the raspiness.

Thread Information