arctic white
    97 firebird

getting new magnaflow catback

im buying a new exhaust with high flow cat manflow muffler/pipes everything i need to connect from the ypipe, its all bolt ons and i dont know how long it would take and if it would be easyer and better to get it welded on or if its easy to just save the money and bolt it on yourself?

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Cool

My TA came with a magnaflow catback system already installed and it is welded. I have installed three catback systems on different trucks in the past and it took long to take off the old exhaust then to install the new one. Total time about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Having said that I just install a sfc on my TA and it took alot longer than I thought because it's hard to get a jack under the car (3 ton craftsman pos!) and get it in the air. With a lift it would have take 30mins or less instead it took almost 2 hours. If you have the tools I say install it yourself than take it somewhere to have it welded. Good luck and it's the best sounding exhaust out there for an f-body.

arctic white
    97 firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Lutzfire24 View Post
    My TA came with a magnaflow catback system already installed and it is welded. I have installed three catback systems on different trucks in the past and it took long to take off the old exhaust then to install the new one. Total time about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Having said that I just install a sfc on my TA and it took alot longer than I thought because it's hard to get a jack under the car (3 ton craftsman pos!) and get it in the air. With a lift it would have take 30mins or less instead it took almost 2 hours. If you have the tools I say install it yourself than take it somewhere to have it welded. Good luck and it's the best sounding exhaust out there for an f-body.
    doesnt sound to bad i got like 7 jacks in the garage so hopefully i shouldnt have to much difficulty haha thanks again

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Yeah its one of those harder to get the old one off than putting the new one on go ahead and do it yourself save some money

arctic white
    97 firebird

im sure i can do it with a friend but will i have to get it welded on after i bolt it on or should it be ok?

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jd1666 View Post
    im sure i can do it with a friend but will i have to get it welded on after i bolt it on or should it be ok?
    No you dont have to get it welded mine isnt welded on and I havent had any problems with it

arctic white
    97 firebird

alright sounds good thanks

BLACK
    2001 T/A VERT.

Mine's Not Welded Either And Has Been Just Fine
    But On Another Topic...... My Magnaflow W/stock Cats & No Headders
    Didn't Sound Any Different Than My Stock Ws6 Exahust!!!!!
    I'm Now Running Lts,ory W/no Cats & Sounds Better But Still Real Tame!!

Jesus died to save you! Killer_bluebird's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

It took me about 3 hrs. to put the catback in but most or that was adjusting the fitment and cutting the old exhaust out.
    2000 NBM Camaro Z28
    Mods:
    SLP Lid & K&N, AHR Headers + 3" catted Y and Mangaflow, !EGR, !AIR, BMR CM STB, ST Front 35mm and Hellwig Adj. Rear 22mm Swaybar, Adj. Rod/Rod PHB, Koni SA's, Ground Control Springs & Adj. Ride height, and HPTuners.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

My camaro was one of the easyer exhaust I have put on. Just jack the back of the car. Block the front wheels and get the ass end as high as you can with Jack stands. To get the old one off just cut the I pipe where the new one will slip over, then just cut it again were it goes over the axle. Done, now just unbolt I think one hanger that is on the muffler and yank it off. Now the hard part is done. Have a beer and look it the old exhaust with a buddy and say "I cant wait to get the new exhaust on so I can hear it."
    Now remember you only get that one beer because after you get the new exhaust on you are going to want to take the car for a joy ride.
    Good luck and enjoy.
    BTW don't weld it.

Ryan
    Last edited by Sweet Chops; 08-01-2008 at 07:26 AM.

Thread Information