Question Full exhaust help!!

I have 1998 Camaro. I am completely new to these car and i want to put full length headers on my car with some kind of exhaust like SLP, Borla or magnaflow. I know which headers i want to use they are hooker ceramic coated header. The thing that i don't know is what y pipe to use and if the exhaust that i want to use will fit right into the y pipe. Must of the exhaust systems u buy are cat back systems and i don't know if you have a aftermaket y pipe if the cat get elminated. I want to run a cat and i want to use all my O2 sensors along with this set up. Can some help me with explaining a setup i can use and which exhaust to use. If this is confusing i'm sorry but i am really confused on what to do. Any help is great Thanks Steve

white
    98 Ram air T/A Ls1/T-56

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
    this is a complete kit with headers and a y-pipe with cats, these are considerably more that kits with no cats. Most setups are designed with the Y-pipe ending in the stock location so pretty much any cat back system will clamp or weld onto the Y-pipe.
    I dont know about hooker but a ton of guys on this site run the pacesetter headers and y-pipe I myself have the FLP setup with the cats.
    another place you can get everything you need from is TSP
    here is a link they also sell header systems with a catted Y-pipe may be a little cheaper for you.
    *non-sponsor link*
    Last edited by 0rion; 04-08-2008 at 11:10 PM.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

check with hooker for the y-pipe. they should have catted and catless versions. As for the catback it just depends on how loud you want it. I personally know slp and magnaflow both flow great but the difference is the sound. slp is really loud and magnaflow is quieter. I hope I answered all your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by RARON455 View Post
    http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
    this is a complete kit with headers and a y-pipe with cats, these are considerably more that kits with no cats. Most setups are designed with the Y-pipe ending in the stock location so pretty much any cat back system will clamp or weld onto the Y-pipe.
    I dont know about hooker but a ton of guys on this site run the pacesetter headers and y-pipe I myself have the FLP setup with the cats.
    another place you can get everything you need from is TSP
    here is a link they also sell header systems with a catted Y-pipe may be a little cheaper for you.
    *non-sponsor link*
    Is there a big power gain from the pacesetter headers and y pipe because they are a cheaper set up so i don't know if there not as good as something a bit more expensive. If the pacesetters header and y pipe is good then it saves me some money which i don't have much of. THANKS GUYS!!
    Last edited by 0rion; 04-08-2008 at 11:10 PM.

I havent figured this site out yet so im might have sent someone a message twice by accident or something sorry!! Do the pacesetter make good horsepower?

Purple 95 Camaro
    Arctic White 02 T/A WS6

Pacesetter is a great budget header, great fitment, and longtubes should produce similar gains compared to kooks, slp, or any other major brand

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I noticed a pretty big difference when I installed mine. Most bolt on mods you won't feel, but I felt it after I installed my pacesetter long tube headers and off road y-pipe.

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    I noticed a pretty big difference when I installed mine. Most bolt on mods you won't feel, but I felt it after I installed my pacesetter long tube headers and off road y-pipe.
    oh yeah. it's a great feeling when you get it done.

Thanks for the help again. Liike i said i'm just starting out with these cars so all the help i can get is great

white
    98 Ram air T/A Ls1/T-56

Yes there is a noticable power increase, the pacesetters may be some of the less expensive ones, but I have yet to hear a single bad thing about them, I would have purchased them but I ran across a good deal on the FLP setup I got. as far as a catback system goes after looking around and listening to a ton of LS exhaust cars I went with the TSP cat back rumbler system nice and affordable and gets great review also from a great company
    http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=195&catid=46

here is a link for a site so that you can listen to just about every kind of exhaust you could think of
    http://www.ls1sounds.com/

I have heard the SLP loudmouth and it is way loud and raspy and abnoxious I am not a fan of it. But to each his own

hope this helps you make your decision bro!

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

to the OP, you do not need to spend $1500 for headers/y-pipe setup. Pacesetter is a very good brand and you can get Pacesetter LT's/ORY for around $550, sometime less through vendors on the site or Ebay...

hell i have the Ebay XS Stainless Steel headers that I boughr for $340 shipped and the $100 for an ORY. $440 for my setup...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

You could also opt for the OBX headers. I installed some on my grandpaws truck and they practically fell into place. There only about 495 and have practically straight through cats. VERY free flowing...

Thread Information