Thread: Fuel injecters?

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Fuel injecters?

How much power do they add to these ls1s? Is there other mods I would have to get to run bigger injecters? And around what cc would I wanna go with all I have. Is lid exhaust basic tune and soon to have ypipe

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

injectors do not add power..unless you are at 90%+ duty cycle on your current injectors there is no need.

remember..all the injectors will do is spit a certian amount of fuel out when need be... and gets that from the pcm/tune ...it doesnt make power

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    injectors do not add power..unless you are at 90%+ duty cycle on your current injectors there is no need.

remember..all the injectors will do is spit a certian amount of fuel out when need be... and gets that from the pcm/tune ...it doesnt make power
    Well I need to find something that add serious hp.my brothers stealth is way faster than my car and I need to beat him I'm at like a 3 to400 dollar budget. Do you have any recomendations

Silver
    2000 z28

if you can do the labor yourself a cam swap makes good powerand pretty affordable other than that you can cheat and put a 100 shot on your car i see used kits all the time from 250-400$ you can get a set of headers for under 400 also

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 00ls-1 View Post
    if you can do the labor yourself a cam swap makes good powerand pretty affordable other than that you can cheat and put a 100 shot on your car i see used kits all the time from 250-400$ you can get a set of headers for under 400 also
    Wouldn't a cam include new push rods springs and a oil pump? And I don't know if headers would make enough difference to beat his car. I also promised my self that I would never use nos turbos or a supercharger, I want an all motor car. I did just get a ls6 motor for dirt cheap with heads cam and oil pump, how much better is that cam?

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by zeetwentyeight View Post
    Wouldn't a cam include new push rods springs and a oil pump? And I don't know if headers would make enough difference to beat his car. I also promised my self that I would never use nos turbos or a supercharger, I want an all motor car. I did just get a ls6 motor for dirt cheap with heads cam and oil pump, how much better is that cam?
    well mind you the z06s pull down 350ish rwhp and torque ..so you should be around there with that. Headers will help your case dramatically as you are running 98 style manifolds.

are you a manual or auto? if you are a auto...get a stall and watch anywhere between .3-.6 of a drop off of your 1/4 times. great mod. it will be my next

98' trans am

cams to do it right will be near 1k+. nitrous kits while cheaper..to do it right will still cost some dough in terms of window switches etc etc.

98' trans am

Well I need to find something that add serious hp.my brothers stealth is way faster than my car and I need to beat him I'm at like a 3 to400 dollar budget. Do you have any recomendations
    well for that money there really isnt too much to do that adds power..if you have the ls6 sitting around...put that in and get frost to give it a tune. and you will be very very happy. we 98 owners got the shaft in many ways with our cars. we just need to deal with it.

is your bro's 3000gt modded ? or is he just killing you off the line ?

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

well for that money there really isnt too much to do that adds power..if you have the ls6 sitting around...put that in and get frost to give it a tune. and you will be very very happy. we 98 owners got the shaft in many ways with our cars. we just need to deal with it.

is your bro's 3000gt modded ? or is he just killing you off the line ?
    his car has 550cc injectors downpipe intake fuel pump hot wire kit and boost and fuel controller and bigger turbos on the way. And I am a m6 with lid cat back sfcs and basic tune

Silver
    2000 z28

yeah the cam usually needs lifters but will need springs... so yeah best bang for the buck would be a stall or headers.. sometimes you can find the cam and springs real cheap but have to be watching for it. if someone bought it for their car and wrecked it before the install or a diverce or something like that you can pick it up pretty cheap

Silver
    2000 z28

not lifters sorry... pushrods

98' trans am

yeah the cam usually needs lifters but will need springs... so yeah best bang for the buck would be a stall or headers.. sometimes you can find the cam and springs real cheap but have to be watching for it. if someone bought it for their car and wrecked it before the install or a diverce or something like that you can pick it up pretty cheap
    cant run a stall..he is a m6

98' trans am

his car has 550cc injectors downpipe intake fuel pump hot wire kit and boost and fuel controller and bigger turbos on the way. And I am a m6 with lid cat back sfcs and basic tune
    well FI > N/A in most races..with those larger turbos coming along you are shit out of luck unless you spend some serious cash..just the nature of the beast..he has a more modded/faster car than you

Silver
    2000 z28

cant run a stall..he is a m6
    my bad lol didnt even pay attn to that

98' trans am

my bad lol didnt even pay attn to that
    all good

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

well FI > N/A in most races..with those larger turbos coming along you are shit out of luck unless you spend some serious cash..just the nature of the beast..he has a more modded/faster car than you
    Damn i need to think of something hopefully he screws something up putting them in cause he doesnt know crap, just has money

SOM
    2001 z28

or you can sabotage it lol

Thread Information