Found a used F.A.S.T 90/90

Intake and Throttle body for $900? Is that a good deal?

I have a 98 LS1 intake now so I am thinking it will be $100 to have the EGR code tuned out.

Also will I need different fuel rails?

I am thinking in the end it will end up costing me around $1,200 At first I decided against heads and cam but now I am debating it which is why I am looking at a fast. Any help would be awesome.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    Intake and Throttle body for $900? Is that a good deal?

I have a 98 LS1 intake now so I am thinking it will be $100 to have the EGR code tuned out.

Also will I need different fuel rails?

I am thinking in the end it will end up costing me around $1,200 At first I decided against heads and cam but now I am debating it which is why I am looking at a fast. Any help would be awesome.
    Sounds like a decent deal, but not awesome. I think that combo was around $1200 brand new.

The fast will be of some benefit on a stock engine, but its really only necessary if you're going to go H/C. What kind of heads and cam were you looking at?? Something mild for around 400HP at the crank, or something radical that will make 500+ at the crank??

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Sounds like a decent deal, but not awesome. I think that combo was around $1200 brand new.

The fast will be of some benefit on a stock engine, but its really only necessary if you're going to go H/C. What kind of heads and cam were you looking at?? Something mild for around 400HP at the crank, or something radical that will make 500+ at the crank??
    I probably have 400 at the crank now, or close to it. I want to get into the 11's so ill need around 440rwh Id say.

NBM
    1998Z28

Fast 90 Throttle bodies have a sticking problem. I would try to buy just the intake and get a Nick Williams or a PTB from TSP. Your fuel rails will work fine.
    TSP 347 SB, TSP Stage 2.5 PRC LS6, TSP MS4, Performabuilt Stage 2 4L60E, Yank PT4000, 4.11s, Fast 90/90, FTRA Cold air intake+all the free mods, Dynatech Supermaxx Exaust System, DMH Cutouts, Hooker Catback/FTRA Tips. Tuned by RPM/Garner NC. 11.28@119

Quote Originally Posted by PFM View Post
    Fast 90 Throttle bodies have a sticking problem. I would try to buy just the intake and get a Nick Williams or a PTB from TSP. Your fuel rails will work fine.
    Only thing is im in school and wont have enough for a NW TB.

You can reach your goals of 11's with an LS6 intake and save a whole lump of money doing it

I don't know about the rest of you, but $900 sounds like alot of money for an out of date intake manifold that isn't made anymore. It would have to be priced within at least a couple hundred dollars of a used LS6 before I'd even look twice at it. If I really had to have a fast, I'd just take my $900 and put that towards a brand new larger FAST setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    You can reach your goals of 11's with an LS6 intake and save a whole lump of money doing it

I don't know about the rest of you, but $900 sounds like alot of money for an out of date intake manifold that isn't made anymore. It would have to be priced within at least a couple hundred dollars of a used LS6 before I'd even look twice at it. If I really had to have a fast, I'd just take my $900 and put that towards a brand new larger FAST setup.
    So look for a fast w/tb for $500-700??

If not ill pick up a used ls6 and paint it.

So look for a fast w/tb for $500-700??

If not ill pick up a used ls6 and paint it.
    Well,,,,that's all I'd pay for a used 90/90. But I doubt they are out there for that. I just look at it differently. For $900,,I'd rather just go buy a new one because you are almost there price wise. It would have to get cheaper to tempt me.

Great intakes, don't get me wrong, just too pricey for your average car in my opinion.

Well,,,,that's all I'd pay for a used 90/90. But I doubt they are out there for that. I just look at it differently. For $900,,I'd rather just go buy a new one because you are almost there price wise. It would have to get cheaper to tempt me.

Great intakes, don't get me wrong, just too pricey for your average car in my opinion.
    Yeah but im pretty sure the new ones require skinny injectors, fuel rails and a few other things. Prob raises the price to around $1,500 or more.

Yeah but im pretty sure the new ones require skinny injectors, fuel rails and a few other things. Prob raises the price to around $1,500 or more.
    Yes I believe you are correct. And if it were me I wouldn't stop there either. I'd want to make the entire intake tract the same size. So I'd be looking at a larger MAF (or more than likely go SD tune) as well as a lid with a larger mouth and duct work. So the cost goes up even more for me.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Yes I believe you are correct. And if it were me I wouldn't stop there either. I'd want to make the entire intake tract the same size. So I'd be looking at a larger MAF (or more than likely go SD tune) as well as a lid with a larger mouth and duct work. So the cost goes up even more for me.
    What about a ported stock LS6 intake and TB? I'm looking at having mine done in addition to swapping my heads in a couple of months.

I was also looking at the TPIS LS6 90 but its $800. So that kind of turned me away.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

I was also looking at the TPIS LS6 90 but its $800. So that kind of turned me away.
    I actually had no idea about this option to gain a 90mm opening. however if you go with Lingenfelter and supply your own, they deduct 500 off the cost...

Thread Information