Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Fast Toys RA vs. Super Sucker RA?

Along with a lid, I'm looking to get a ram air system for my Formy.

I've narrowed it down tho the Fast Toys and Super Sucker systems.

Anyone have any input on these? I've read good things about both of them, but moreso about hte FTRA. I'd like to hear more about the Super Sucker.

One thing that worries me about the SSRA is the scoop, I drag my airdam alot o nthe steep driveways around here, I'm afraid I'd destroy the scoop.

Thanks!

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Both setups will pull in cooler air, increase air pressure, and provide excellent power gains. I've read a lot of complaints about the SSRA blocking too much airflow from the radiator and causing the engine to run a bit warmer. I've not seen any complaints about FTRA. Considering the potential clearance issues and the longer ducting causing more airflow blockage to the radiator, I'd go FTRA over SSRA if it were me. I'm like you, and would love to read more from SSRA users.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Along with a lid, I'm looking to get a ram air system for my Formy.

I've narrowed it down tho the Fast Toys and Super Sucker systems.

Anyone have any input on these? I've read good things about both of them, but moreso about hte FTRA. I'd like to hear more about the Super Sucker.

One thing that worries me about the SSRA is the scoop, I drag my airdam alot o nthe steep driveways around here, I'm afraid I'd destroy the scoop.

Thanks!
    umm did you not see the like 100+ reply post i started with a poll that was designed to address this EXACT issue that's been floating around here for months? http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48247

unless you're a retard i wouldnt worry about knocking off the ssra. i've had it for months now and gone down some steep inclines. the factory air dam lip scrapes way before the ssra piece does. and compared to the ftra it is angled away from the radiator so it should actually help cooling from that perspective. go read through the 6+ pages of the thread i linked above.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper415 View Post
    umm did you not see the like 100+ reply post i started with a poll that was designed to address this EXACT issue that's been floating around here for months? http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48247

unless you're a retard i wouldnt worry about knocking off the ssra. i've had it for months now and gone down some steep inclines. the factory air dam lip scrapes way before the ssra piece does. and compared to the ftra it is angled away from the radiator so it should actually help cooling from that perspective. go read through the 6+ pages of the thread i linked above.

Hey man, I just asked a question, no need to jump down my throat. I was hoping I might get some new info, since you seem to be the only one who has it that has posted any info.

Anyway, thanks for the info about the scoop, that was my main concern.

Maybe I ought to just flip a coin though, they seem very similar.
    Last edited by StuntmanMike; 10-24-2007 at 03:04 PM.

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

I had the FTRA on my Z, I liked it a lot.
    -98 GTP Coupe. Silvermist and stock.

-89 GTA*** L98, P1-SC, 24# SVO's, MSD 6-A, March underdrive pulleys, Edelbrock headers/catback and some other goodies.

~Tony

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

I think I'm going to end up going with the Fast Toys. It's a bit cheaper, and what Fast Toys said on the other thread about the cars being bottom breathers and not really needing the scoop makes sense. I may be wrong, but it seems to me the car will get LESS air with the scoop.

Thread Information