Thread: exhaust

white
    1998 trans am

exhaust

ok i am really confuse... i want to get a exhaust system with great sound. the sound for muscle car and many people telling me that i need to get a flowmaster. please tell me what you thinking about this. also i dont have so much money for that . tell me what can i do with 500$
    ps: i need some place that ship apo address

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I have never personally like the Flowmaster sound -- too tinny. I have listened to T/A's equipped with the SLP Loudmouth and Magnaflow systems as I was considering both when we first bought our car. Magnaflow sounds the best, and seems to get the best reviews from members on this site. Others will chime in...

2002 CETA m6

1.Flowmaster sounds OK, the aero chamber muffler doesnt get hot reviews for the ls1.
    2. Magnaflow is quieter than most catbacks, but stainless steel and extra horses make it a good choice, especially if you plan on getting headers down the road.
    3. SLP loudmouth 1 is great for power and sound, but gets way too loud and raspy if you plan on doing headers.
    4. Borla/Corsa is top of the line, with a top of the line price if you dont buy it used.

I have flowmasters on my T/A and im not too impressed with the sound, once i get the money im gonna go in a different direction

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Pass on flowmaster.

The LS1 will NEVER sound like 'old school muscle'....just won't happen.
    I favor Magnaflow myself.

www.ls1sounds.com
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Same ol Situation View Post
    1.Flowmaster sounds OK, the aero chamber muffler doesnt get hot reviews for the ls1.
    2. Magnaflow is quieter than most catbacks, but stainless steel and extra horses make it a good choice, especially if you plan on getting headers down the road.
    3. SLP loudmouth 1 is great for power and sound, but gets way too loud and raspy if you plan on doing headers.
    4. Borla/Corsa is top of the line, with a top of the line price if you dont buy it used.

I have flowmasters on my T/A and im not too impressed with the sound, once i get the money im gonna go in a different direction
    The Aero Chamber is a product of Hooker not Flowmaster, which btw, sounds awesome at idle. I've never really heard it whle it's running, because I have a cutout.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

a little more pricey, but ill go ahead and throw in the idea of GMMG chambered. once you hear it, its all youll want. its as close to old school muscle as you can get. i know Mr luos had a friend selling one in the past. something to look into.

http://gmmginc.net/Exhaust/
    Last edited by mpfranks; 06-01-2009 at 01:41 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

If you have 500 to spend, I don't think that you can beat Magnaflow for the money.

It's easy to find it under 400, so you still have another 100 left over for shipping.

Just don't expectthe Magnaflow to be loud. If anything, it might even be QUIETER at idle than the stock system, but once you get on the gas it gets louder.

Red
    2002 Trans Am WS6

i saved up for borla and love it, it has a great sound. don't skimp on your catback, its the sound of your car, you and everyone else are gonna hear it every time you start it up and drive

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by beer View Post
    i saved up for borla and love it, it has a great sound. don't skimp on your catback, its the sound of your car, you and everyone else are gonna hear it every time you start it up and drive
    borlas do sound awesome too. def my second choice for a catback. not a fan of the square tips at all though. i like their angle cut ones.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS6

My friend has a LS1 with Flowmaster and i wasnt impressed. I just put off getting my catback for a couple weeks and got Borla. I would recommend doing the same. You dont want to skimp on your catback. It sounds great.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

The only way to get the old school sound is to get duals with h-pipe, there is just no way with a y-pipe.
    Hooker, magnaflow are great affordable catbacks, borla and corsa are good but they are more pricey and tend to have more of a high tone to them.
    Just so you know most catbacks are quiet at idle it's when you floor it they will wake up.

2002 CETA m6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    The Aero Chamber is a product of Hooker not Flowmaster, which btw, sounds awesome at idle. I've never really heard it whle it's running, because I have a cutout.

Your right, my apologies...flowmasters definatley sound better on old school than new

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Same ol Situation View Post
    Your right, my apologies...flowmasters definatley sound better on old school than new
    And that is with 2 not one catback, even then super 44's or go home

Pewter
    1999 Trans am

I have a flowmaster and it is ok, nothing special. My friend has a 93 TA with LT's and an aero chamber and I love the sound of that, and another friend with a 94 TA with the edelbrock catback and that sounds good too. If I had to do it again I would probably go with an aero chamber or super 44.

White
    1999 30th Anniversary T/A

If u dont mind spending the money.... GMMG baby!

Thread Information