White
    1999 WS6

Electric Cutout Question???

So I am debating on whether to add an electric cutout to my 99 WS6, few questions though. WHo sells them at the best price, and what are the expected gains in the 1/4? I am guessing .2? Also how well do they hold up considering they are under the car and are exposed to rain, dirt, and elements as such? Comments appreciated, thanks Jon

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Yes, good thread and I hope to hear some good replies as I too am interested in one. I was also wondering if the cutout when closed is tight enough that when closed you hear no leaks and the exhaust sounds completely stock. Thanks.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I have a McCord Power Plate( http://www.mccordcg.com/mpp/mpp.htm ) and have had no problems with it in 2 years. My car isn't a daily driver though and it's really only seen a couple thousand miles in those 2 years but I open and close it pretty often. The install was smooth, the plate works great, and IMO it's well worth the money. Personally I think 2/10's is optimistic but I have no real numbers to tell you any gains.
    chip nhs, I have headers with !cats and used band clamps on the entire exhaust so leaks are just a part of my life. I can't really say the cutout leaks to where you would notice it, if at all. When I start the car there really aren't any noticeable leaks there. It's just loud in general. I do hear a leak from time to time but it's hard to say if it's the cutout or just a band clamp leaking. I've also had my exhaust on and off 5-6 times in the last 2 years so the clamps are stretched a little and need replaced. I would say get the cutout because the end result far exceeds the chance of having a noticeable leak. It sounds wicked opened up running straight headers.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I have a McCord Power Plate( http://www.mccordcg.com/mpp/mpp.htm ) and have had no problems with it in 2 years. My car isn't a daily driver though and it's really only seen a couple thousand miles in those 2 years but I open and close it pretty often. The install was smooth, the plate works great, and IMO it's well worth the money. Personally I think 2/10's is optimistic but I have no real numbers to tell you any gains.
    chip nhs, I have headers with !cats and used band clamps on the entire exhaust so leaks are just a part of my life. I can't really say the cutout leaks to where you would notice it, if at all. When I start the car there really aren't any noticeable leaks there. It's just loud in general. I do hear a leak from time to time but it's hard to say if it's the cutout or just a band clamp leaking. I've also had my exhaust on and off 5-6 times in the last 2 years so the clamps are stretched a little and need replaced. I would say get the cutout because the end result far exceeds the chance of having a noticeable leak. It sounds wicked opened up running straight headers.
    I use the same one. Works pretty good.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

White
    1999 WS6

Do I need to buy a Y adapter? How much does the Mccord cost?

Black
    2004 Grand Prix GTP

I had a Quicktime Performance electric cutout on my Borla for a year and a half before I sold the car. It went through many rain and snow storms with no problems.

After some time the plate may not seal quite as well as a result of constantly hitting the stop when closing. The best way to close it is to tap the switch a couple times after it hits the stop. It's a good idea to put a bead of liquid gasket around the outside of the butterfly valve and maybe along the stop to help it seal.

black
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I had regular cutouts on my 2000 camaro and I never once put the lid back on after I had it installed. I bought my cutouts from a shop near me for 50 bucks although I paid way too much for them I didn't have the option of ordering online.

white
    1998 z28

dmhperformance

4 yr warranty and he'll stand behind it.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by skinnies View Post
    dmhperformance

4 yr warranty and he'll stand behind it.
    I've heard good things about DMH also. Can't go wrong with his stuff either.

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Haven't had any problems with my Q-tec elec.cutout. Just have to be carefull on large speed bumps, since my car is lowered with Eibach Pro-kit.

Thread Information