Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

EGR Deletion & other ?s

i have a 2000 T/A so its evident that my engine has the EGR valve,ok my question is how do i delete the EGR valve & after i take it off where can i buy the block off plate from? also what would i be accomplishing by removing the EGR anyway?

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Just remove the valve by unplugging the electrical connector, remove the 2 bolts, the valve is out. There is a a bolt at the top of the air intake that comes from the EGR bracket, take that bolt out and pop the tube out. there is 2 bolts that connect the the EGR tubing to the exhaust manifold take those out. There is 2 or 3 bolts(i can't remember) that hold the bracket to the cylinder head take those out. At this point you can remove the EGR tubing bracket out. If I were you I will remove the AIR system as well. there is a write about the whole process with pics I just can't find it. You will need a tune after you remove all the parts to turn off the SES light codes related with all that.

The block off plates can be made from a piece of metal or you can buy them of ebay.

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    Just remove the valve by unplugging the electrical connector, remove the 2 bolts, the valve is out. There is a a bolt at the top of the air intake that comes from the EGR bracket, take that bolt out and pop the tube out. there is 2 bolts that connect the the EGR tubing to the exhaust manifold take those out. There is 2 or 3 bolts(i can't remember) that hold the bracket to the cylinder head take those out. At this point you can remove the EGR tubing bracket out. If I were you I will remove the AIR system as well. there is a write about the whole process with pics I just can't find it. You will need a tune after you remove all the parts to turn off the SES light codes related with all that.

The block off plates can be made from a piece of metal or you can buy them of ebay.
    thanks i just might wait until i can afford a mail order tune from Frost so once i get the computer back,i can reassemble everything

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

If you have tuning software and a notebook computer it is easy to 'delete' the EGR and AIR components of the VCM tune file. I did so several years back. I purchased aluminum block-off plates on ebay for about $9.

Thread Information