black
    1998 trans am

egr/air or delete new intake

Im looking to get a ls6 intake for my 98 TA, Im wondering should i get slp egr ready or none egr and remove my egr/air, any help with whats best and any other info would be great

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Do you have LT headers yet or plan on getting them?

What are the emissions regs in your state?

Track only , Street, or Both?

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

also have 98 w/ egr, wil be running lts eventually. for street, aaand i can get by on the emissions, what to do?

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    also have 98 w/ egr, wil be running lts eventually. for street, aaand i can get by on the emissions, what to do?
    You have some options here.......get the LT's and if you want you can have a tuner delete your EGR when you upgrade to the lS6 intake............just purchase the block off plates for you headers........It all depends do they look directly where your cats are????? Or do they just plug there cord into the port under the steering wheel??? Here in Zona as long as there are no check engine lights you pass..........easy to disengage that if you have a tuner handy.....my 02. Hope it works out for you..........

Navy Blue Metallic

Understand I live in AL. I have no emissions or state inspection (Really scary sometimes passing ppl on the road )

I just did this set up 2 weeks ago:

Pacesetter LT Ceramic Coated Headers without EGR (Race style)
    3" Texas Speed & Performance Off Road Y-pipe (ORY)
    I have removed my cats, rear O2 sensors, EGR and Air systems.
    I still have the stock Intake that came with my 98' T/A, you will have to buy a plate to block the hole that the EGR plugged into. The LS6 Intake I'm not sure about if you need it or not. I'll find out when I get one, but then again I might pay an extra 100 for the FAST intake.

When you have all this done, get a tune to delete these systems above. (I'm going with Frost as soon as I get some more $$$$)

If you don't get the tune, you will run rich at low rpms and lean at WOT.

You can run for a little while without a tune, but don't go to the track or WOT too much till you get it.

They sell headers with or with out the EGR tubing. W/O is race style, with is for states like Cali and Texas that have emissions..

In the sticky above is a great thread that helped me do my job and answer alot of questions.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Understand I live in AL. I have no emissions or state inspection (Really scary sometimes passing ppl on the road )

I just did this set up 2 weeks ago:

Pacesetter LT Ceramic Coated Headers without EGR (Race style)
    3" Texas Speed & Performance Off Road Y-pipe (ORY)
    I have removed my cats, rear O2 sensors, EGR and Air systems.
    I still have the stock Intake that came with my 98' T/A, you will have to buy a plate to block the hole that the EGR plugged into. The LS6 Intake I'm not sure about if you need it or not. I'll find out when I get one, but then again I might pay an extra 100 for the FAST intake.

When you have all this done, get a tune to delete these systems above. (I'm going with Frost as soon as I get some more $$$$)

If you don't get the tune, you will run rich at low rpms and lean at WOT.

You can run for a little while without a tune, but don't go to the track or WOT too much till you get it.

They sell headers with or with out the EGR tubing. W/O is race style, with is for states like Cali and Texas that have emissions..

In the sticky above is a great thread that helped me do my job and answer alot of questions.
    Cool set up there......hey so what kind of power increase did you get from the LT's & Texas Y???? I have pacesetter shorties but planning on getting your exhaust set up from Texas Speed......what type of exhaust tone increase did you experience? How about acceleration? I bet it sounds crazy mean........

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by jb3golf View Post
    Cool set up there......hey so what kind of power increase did you get from the LT's & Texas Y???? I have pacesetter shorties but planning on getting your exhaust set up from Texas Speed......what type of exhaust tone increase did you experience? How about acceleration? I bet it sounds crazy mean........

I still need a tune, but I do feel some difference via butt dyno. As far as sound:

http://www.fquick.com/videos/Headers..._pre_tune/8969

I also have a Flowmasters muffler. I've been told that after I get a tune it will cut out some of the rasp. We'll see.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I still need a tune, but I do feel some difference via butt dyno. As far as sound:

http://www.fquick.com/videos/Headers..._pre_tune/8969

I also have a Flowmasters muffler. I've been told that after I get a tune it will cut out some of the rasp. We'll see.
    Cool. It actually sounds good.....a little raspy but a tune will rectify that!! Let me know the results when you get the tune.........

Thread Information