Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ebay headers

Awaiting Activation BlackBeastLS1's Avatar

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

ebay headers

Does anybody have those stainless steel Lt's that are on ebay? What kind of gains did you get?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

i just bought some yesterday. 370 bucks shipped. there is a thread in this section about them somewhere

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

bought them from SSAutoChrime for I think $340. waiting for the freakin pacesetter y-pipe to come in so I can get them installed...damn

i'll get my car re-tuned and post the numbers

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

$370 for stainless LT's? That's freakin cheap! Only coated pacesetter come close to that price. What brand are they?

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z28 View Post
    $370 for stainless LT's? That's freakin cheap! Only coated pacesetter come close to that price. What brand are they?
    some ebay company named SSAutoChrome and another place that sells the exact same. both sellers are under the same management. There really is not a brand name for them. got to Ebay and type in Ls1 headers and they will pop up and you will see the pics are the same just a different company name and prices. mine look awesome when I took the out of the box, good welds, very clean, no warpped flanges, etc. my whole set up will be just under $450 dollars including the Pacesetter ORY (whenever it comes in)...sigh

red
    2001 camaro

did ssautochrome say that the pacesetter ory would work? or are you goin to take the chance?

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Pacesetter Y pipe will not work. Your gonna need a custom Y pipe. Here's mine.

Driverside collector tucks up too high. You can see the way the custom Y drops down on the driverside. This was a Texas Speed Y pipe that was modified on both sides.
    Last edited by INMY01TA; 09-24-2006 at 02:49 PM.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

The welds on these headers are great, just sucks they don't offer them with out the emissions fittings but hell for $299 who cares.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z28 View Post
    I paid $299+shipping. ($342)

Black
    99 Z28

SSautochrome is not a good company to do buisness with. They are the cheapest of the cheap. At least when I raced my Acura. Alot of Acura and Honda owners would go for them for the price (Headers for Acura start at 1Grand SSautochrome was $400) But they leaked, cracked, warped, rattled, and all kinds of bad stuff. Their turbos would break all the time. SSautochrome does not make any good product. I would expect the same cheapness with their F-Body line of products as well.
    I could be wrong about their F-Body line up.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Only thing I worry about with the headers is the air pipe fittings breaking off. This happens with all brand headers but for some reason I don't have have alot of confidence in em. Other than that I don't foresee any problems. Good materials and good welds make for a good header.

Black
    99 Z28

Im not dissin your parts. I just dont trust the company.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Usually with most car parts, you get what you paid for (except for pacesetter ) This SSAutochrome wouldn't suprise me for having crappy parts, that's why they can get away with having such cheap prices. Cars are one thing to buy 'brand name' stuff from.

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Only thing I worry about with the headers is the air pipe fittings breaking off. This happens with all brand headers but for some reason I don't have have alot of confidence in em. Other than that I don't foresee any problems. Good materials and good welds make for a good header.
    what about he sound and performance? the pacesetter y-pipe is a 2-piece y-pipe so if I needed to do any modifications to it, I could with having to custom up an entire one. It should be getting in sometime this week so I can install the headers this Friday...

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    what about he sound and performance? the pacesetter y-pipe is a 2-piece y-pipe so if I needed to do any modifications to it, I could with having to custom up an entire one. It should be getting in sometime this week so I can install the headers this Friday...
    Just install the headers and run them open for a few days. You may lose some hearing and have a headache, but its fun as hell. Nothing turns heads more than a V8 running open headers.

Go to LS1tech.com and search the ebay headers. There is a 5-6 page post about them. The general idea seems to be that the quality is good so far. Quite a few have them installed already and haven't had any problems other than you need a custom Y-pipe.

There is also talk of the company will make an Off Road version without emissions crap if you ask.

Hell, for $300 I'll take the risk. Gonna need a pretty much custom Y for my dual electric cutouts anyway.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

I can't say I would trust everyone on ebay. I would rather have the peace-of-mind of buying from an online parts store like summit than a questionable company off ebay. Just my .02

Jesus died to save you! Killer_bluebird's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

I heard fitment is a crap shoot, Sometimes you have to notch you k-member sometimes not. But then again you get what you pay for. Again this is what I've read and I have no first hand experience, so take it with a grain of salt.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_bluebird View Post
    I heard fitment is a crap shoot, Sometimes you have to notch you k-member sometimes not. But then again you get what you pay for. Again this is what I've read and I have no first hand experience, so take it with a grain of salt.
    This goes for the high dollar QTP's, Kooks, and everyother header as well. I had to dremel my K member a lil on the driverside. No big deal. Some will, some won't. Depends on the car. Not the header.

SS Driver

Black
    00 Camaro SS #5255

Quote Originally Posted by turbotko View Post
    Go to LS1tech.com and search the ebay headers. There is a 5-6 page post about them.
    There up to 9 pages now. They kind of trailed off the subject, so I started a new thread to try and find out about the Y-pipe and race style headers and it got locked down. I'm guessing because of the sponsers. So thats why I came over here. Anybody have any more info about the Y pipe or race style headers?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information