Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Silver
    98 Z28

Which E-bay Header to buy

There are a couple of ebay headers that I am looking at. 1. The ones for $240 that firemedic put on. 2. The obx kit for $480 3. There are headers and y-pipe put together on a tarp for $450. If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears. Thanks

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Quote Originally Posted by TommiGunn View Post
    There are a couple of ebay headers that I am looking at. 1. The ones for $240 that firemedic put on. 2. The obx kit for $480 3. There are headers and y-pipe put together on a tarp for $450. If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears. Thanks
    Get some Pacesetter ceramics with the off road Y, Best Bang for your buck headers out there and are about the easiest to install and no clearance issues.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by TommiGunn View Post
    speculation says that the 240s are the same as the 480s, just no Y-Pipe. The 480s on the tarp are SSAUtoChrome headers and every one says they are great. I don't have any so i can't give personal advice. I have bugged just about every ebay seller and can tell they won't tell you the brand, except the 480s. That seller will tell you the brand.

I have been watching the firemedic thread. He had great results as you know. The only down side to his story was the shipping booboo, yikes. When i have the money I will most likely go with the SSAutoChrome, cuz i'm cheap and want stainless. I was thinking about the TSP ORY cuz i think it has that little bend down on the drivers side for floor pan clearance, not sure.

Hopefully the gov will get the lead out and give us all a big fat tax rebate.

GL

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aide View Post
    speculation says that the 240s are the same as the 480s, just no Y-Pipe. The 480s on the tarp are SSAUtoChrome headers and every one says they are great. I don't have any so i can't give personal advice. I have bugged just about every ebay seller and can tell they won't tell you the brand, except the 480s. That seller will tell you the brand.

I have been watching the firemedic thread. He had great results as you know. The only down side to his story was the shipping booboo, yikes. When i have the money I will most likely go with the SSAutoChrome, cuz i'm cheap and want stainless. I was thinking about the TSP ORY cuz i think it has that little bend down on the drivers side for floor pan clearance, not sure.

Hopefully the gov will get the lead out and give us all a big fat tax rebate.

GL
    The 240s are not the same as the 480s. Notice the notch on the flanges of the 240s. I wouldn't gamble with em myself. The Y pipe with the 480s doesn't fit for a damn. Be prepared to do some modding with it. A TSP y wont fit the 480s either, ask me how I know. The Jet Hot y has the s bend and would be a better candidate. Don't know much bout the OBXs.

Silver
    98 Z28

Well guys I didn't even go through ebay. I bought some LPP headers from the sponsor here. I believe they are the XS or SSautochrome replicas. I got them and an ofr y pipe for $550.00 shipped!!!! I can't wait to get them and tear those shorty stockers off. Man it is going to be a blast!!!!!

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

LPP are the SS Autochrome ones. Nice headers. Hope your y pipe fits ok.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    The 240s are not the same as the 480s. Notice the notch on the flanges of the 240s. I wouldn't gamble with em myself. The Y pipe with the 480s doesn't fit for a damn. Be prepared to do some modding with it. A TSP y wont fit the 480s either, ask me how I know. The Jet Hot y has the s bend and would be a better candidate. Don't know much bout the OBXs.
    later that night i read a post that talked about various ORYs not fitting. so, i can follow what you mean. I didn't study the pics and haven't bought anything. i can only share the info i got from the ebay sellers, like i trust them.

i was thinking of the Jet Hot Y as well. I want to run cats and it seemed the cheapest. of course every time i think about it i read more stories about true duals, hehehe... I can't afford Bassani and don't have any muffler shop buddies.

i'm waiting for may when those nice tax rebate checks roll out. i couldn't let our pres down by saving it, lol. i have to follow the spirit and spend it.

thank god i have a few months to watch every one else

well what can you suggest for the best and cheapest stainless headers? we all know kooks are the ones to get. but if we had the money we wouldn't be asking, right.

thanks

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

The LPP headers are nice, just that the Y pipe is a crapshoot. They're supposedly redesigning them so maybe just wait for the redesigned ones.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

LPP? i'm trying to guess but have no idea. google time.

Tommigunn I hope you are getting good advice. I know every so often I spend hours reading the old threads scratch my head with the same questions.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aide View Post
    LPP? i'm trying to guess but have no idea. google time.

Tommigunn I hope you are getting good advice. I know every so often I spend hours reading the old threads scratch my head with the same questions.
    LPP=SS Autochrome.
    I believe these are them. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Heade...spagenameZWDVW A guy on LS1 Tech sells em too.

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

I would be careful with ebay man, there are alot of shady dealings on there... plus if you have problems with the product is there going to be customer service???

Black
    2001 SS Camaro

I was thinking about saving up the money to buy american racing headers for $1100 but would these headers be the same quality? or atleast close? I would love to save $500

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by sscamaro22 View Post
    I was thinking about saving up the money to buy american racing headers for $1100 but would these headers be the same quality? or atleast close? I would love to save $500
    If you can afford AR then go for it. Having done and re-done headers myself, I don't wanna have to do em again. If you buy the best, you won't be sorry.

Black
    2001 SS Camaro

Well really if i go with American Racing headers i would have to wait till april and im very impatient and would like to get headers asap. That and if i can get headers for less then 1100 and they both give the same performance then why bother with the others?

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Well really if i go with American Racing headers i would have to wait till april and im very impatient and would like to get headers asap. That and if i can get headers for less then 1100 and they both give the same performance then why bother with the others?
    You'll see when you gotta take a sawzall and a mig welder to your new combo.

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

I personally think QTP makes the best headers, great hp gains and cost fairly decent but the longterm good quality is worth it...

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    You'll see when you gotta take a sawzall and a mig welder to your new combo.
    Ive read and heard there are no fitment issues. I myself just ordered a set.

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

Quote Originally Posted by Pntbll309 View Post
    how did they turn out for you?

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Pntbll309 View Post
    Which ones?

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Heade...spagenameZWDVW

Those ones. They are the same thing as the "XS", SSAutochrome headers. They should be in before Friday and installed this weekend. Ill take pics and let you all know how it goes. But from what Ive seen, just the driver side collector is angled up some, but we shall see how it goes on mine. The other reason I ordered these is because the Y-pipe is stainless and is NOT crimped up like the XS headers, so I may lose some ground clearance but it will/should flow better.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information