Thread: E-85 anybody?

siver
    2000 ss camaro

E-85 anybody?

Anybody out there running E-85? if so,what all mods are required to physically run it? New tank,fuel lines,O-rings, etc?? Thanks for any input!!

2002 Camaro Z28

Probably a tune also. I have seen people use it thinking they are saving money but it usually throws a lean code. Last one I saw was a 96 corsica, it ran pretty good and I bet his intake valves were cleaned but it threw a lean code right away.
    Junkyard bought and "refurbished" 2002 Camaro Z28 - Pacetter Race LT's, TS&P ORY, Frost tune, Magnaflow, Ported TB, SLP Lid, Circle D 3000, 3.73's, SFC's.
    2009 Silverado Z71 - Magnaflow
    2008 Impala LTZ - Wife didn't want the V8 SS!

green
    98 formula

You need to replace all rubber parts in the fuel system with neoprene. The fuel pump and injectors will need changed too. Really the only advantage is the octane its like 110 race gas, so if you have a race tune and the fuel system mods its definitly worth considering.

siver
    2000 ss camaro

So,what about the fuel tanks in our cars? are they rubber or plastic lined? Why change the fuel pump?not big enough? or not compatible? Dont I only have to change out the O-rings in the injectors,and not the injectors themselves?

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by headpecker View Post
    So,what about the fuel tanks in our cars? are they rubber or plastic lined? Why change the fuel pump?not big enough? or not compatible? Dont I only have to change out the O-rings in the injectors,and not the injectors themselves?
    The tank is fine. The pump and injectors are not big enough for e-85. It takes more e-85 than gas to make the same power.

Thread Information