White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Dyno, Bolt Ons Only !!!

Well i decided to go back to the same dyno and get my car put back on the dyno again to see what the LT's, ORY, Re Tune and SSRA did. After all that i went from 336 RWHP and 349 RWTQ to 350 RWHP and 355 RWTQ so i only gained 14 RWHP and 5 RWTQ and nothing really picked up in the low or mid range just picked up power up top from the graph. He couldnt print the graph, printer wasnt working but he told me he will email it to me and i took a vid of it.

Once i get home ill put it up. My A/F was about 13.1, around there up top but liked it rich the richer run gave me better numbers. The guy told me if i had a bit more fuel up top i wouldve pulled a bit better but who knows maybe 5hp better if that. I was a bit disappointed at the numbers and was expecting higher but the graph showed the line going up smoothly with no hick ups and the A/F isnt bad at all just needs a bit more fuel up top.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

not bad...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I would expect A LOT more from what you added. Just goes to show that DYNO's are a tuning tool, nothing else.

Do you have a baseline ET?

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

thats pretty good, i put down 341rwhp before the TB and LS6 intake
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

well on the dyno graph it shows before meaning when i had the 335rwhp without the LT's, ORY and SSRA and the only pick up from what i saw was top end and i got to 350 with another 349 and 348rwhp. So i was a bit disappointed, the guy told me your car likes running a little richer up top because the 350rwhp run the car got a bit rich. I think with a dyno tune i should pick up a few more ponies either way i gotta live with those numbers. I never did a baseline meaning with no mods at all so i wont know how much ive picked up with all the mods.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

The top dyno number is from the last time i was there with no LT's, ORY or SSRA the other 3 runs below are from today. Its a comparison thats why the top one from last time was on the graph to see where it improved and didnt. I wish i never looked at it, lol.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

The SSRA only helps on the road, not on the dyno. Even with SAE correction the car will do better in cooler air. Your previous run was done in Feb and the air HAS to be better than mid July, even if it is the same dyno.

It is a bit too lean up top. I'm a bit surprised; I was aiming for closer to 12.7ish based on previous feed back. The varying AFRs mean that the car is trimming positively up top. When they lock in positive, they offset WOT fueling.

It's a cold day when a boltons car breaks 350 on the dynojet here, and the highest I have ever had was 362rwhp.

Have him print off the LEANEST graph of the day and send it to me with the PCM; I will get it fixed right up. I don't think you find more than 4-5 there at most with additional tuning. I can definitely get it in line up top though!

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Ok he sent the one that says 13.15 A/F up top at the 350RWHP but i emailed him telling him to send me the one with the leanest reading. From what i remember it was 13.64 A/F on the leanest run. Ill let you know Steve once he sends it thanks.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 07-23-2010 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    The top dyno number is from the last time i was there with no LT's, ORY or SSRA the other 3 runs below are from today. Its a comparison thats why the top one from last time was on the graph to see where it improved and didnt. I wish i never looked at it, lol.

Click for full size
    Good numbers.

This is off topic but has a car ever pulled off the dyno? lol

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Ok he sent the one that says 13.15 A/F up top at the 350RWHP but i emailed him telling him to send me the one with the leanest reading. From what i remember it was 13.64 A/F on the leanest run. Ill let you know Steve once he sends it thanks.
    I looked at your previous dyno AFR and tune and current tune and current AFR... I can fix the AFR but it shouldn't be that lean. Your MAF may not be aging well. As they get older, they seem to report lower and lower at a giev airflow. I had a car last week that was tuned 100% in Jan of 09 (year and a half ago). At WOT, it was about 12.8:1. He brought it back for tuning on a 150 hit. I re-did the N/A baseline and the AFR was still in a straight line, but it was 13.8:1. Not coincidentally, the MAF was reporting about 7% lower in the new log vs the log of it from the previous Jan.

At any rate like I said, just get it back here and I will get it updated for ya.

Thread Information