Thread: cutout ??????

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans am WS6

Arrow cutout ??????

I have a 02 ws6 with a slp Lm and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if getting a cutout would sound any different or is it pretty much the same thing, and will the cutout be louder inside the car? I still have cats and stock y pipe. Also, I found a slp y pipe for 50 bucks. Do you think it would be worth putting it on? I probably will never put longtubes on. I have to keep the cats.
    I would very much appreciate the help! Sorry so many ?????

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

if you have a loudmouth then fuck getting the cutout. i put a cutout on when i had my Blowmaster and it was okay, your LM flows just fine without it
    2002 Z28 M6, Suncoast Creations ram air, port/polish TB w/ bypass and bumpstop, heater hose mod, stainless steel long tubes, ORY w/ dual cutouts, Magnaflow, BMR SFC, UMI Torque Arm, LS7 clutch w/ drill mod, Pro 5.0 w/ Lous short stick, MSD wires, 4.10s, good maintenancehttp://www.fquick.com/blue02z

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans am WS6

y pipe

What about the y pipe. Should I spend the 50 bucks? Would it be worth a couple of horepower or some sound?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans am WS6

??????

What about the y pipe. Should I spend the 50 bucks? Would it be worth a couple of horepower or some sound? Also, I had some dual/dual rolled tip exhaust tips welded on a couple of days ago. The only thing is the inlet was 2 1/4. Now I have about a foot of 2 1/4 on each side behind the exhaust tips welded on the 2 1/2. Do you think this will hurt me in HP????? The exhaust guy said it wouldnt but I wanted to see if anybody out here would know. I got the tips really cheap but they are good quality and they look really good.

red
    2000 Camaro

with the cutout ur car will be way louderrrrrrr. the only difference between the slp y pipe and the stock one is the one side of the stock y pipe has a flat pipe. the slp one has two normal sides on both. they did this at the factory for more clearance. just put the slp y pipe on while they put the cutout on. if u want even more noise with ur stock headers and stock cats is getting gutted cats on ebay. sounds nasstyyyyyyyyy. if u like raspy very loud cars thats what u want to do. get some o2 sims online for about 80 bucks to replace ur o2 sensors so ur car doesnt throw codes.

gutted cats+slp y pipe+o2sims+cutout+LM= bad mofo

*a lot of people dont like the raspy sound but i do

to answer ur question about adding extra hp from the slp y pipe, since ur letting the exhaust flow more freely u should gain some, but very little. i dont think u notice a difference when flooring it. but if u gut the cats u will notice a difference. soem say gutting the cats u will loose backpressure on the low end. but who cares, u will make it up on the high end. hope i answered some of ur questions LS1 NEEDS TO BREATHE AND EXHALE GUT THE CATS!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans am WS6

na

thanks, that was exactly what I wanted to know. But what about the exhaust tip issue?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

well... the ypipe would be a waste of money, you wont feel a difference, the tips shouldnt hurt you either, but with a cutout on with stock manifolds and cats it wont be that loud, trust me i had it, and it isnt going to flow much better than the LM. i would leave it alone unless you consider doing headers and ORY, that is defenatly an improvement there

Blue
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am M6

I put one on my y pipe to go with the lt's. I love it! But thats just my opinion. I never open it all the way unless I'm @ the track or at my house. I got the electric one so I can choose how much I want it open and I wouldn't have to get out and crawl under my car to put the cover back on.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

yeah, now i have a cutout for each header, with no cats. now that is loud as hell

Blue
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am M6

I didn't get two of them- I figured it would be over kill as I only use it when I'm near/at the track. I know with 1 open @ wot its loud as hell.. so I could just imagine 2 of them. WOW!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans am WS6

1 chamber flowmaster

Have any of you guys tried these? How good is the flow?

Blue
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am M6

No I haven't... surely someone has..

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans am WS6

cutout

Does the cutout make the inside of the car vibrate and buzz everwhere.

Thread Information