midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

A couple exhaust questions

I want to piece a dual system together. I need some info on pipe sizing and some other questions. I have the 1 3/4 ebay headers from lsextreme and wanted to run a magnaflow x-pipe. I know people can run 3 inch pipe, but no idea if I should cut it down to go over or keep it 3 inch and go under the axle. Dumping it before the axle is not really an option I like.
    What size x-pipe should I be getting? I keep seeing people talking about catted y pipes but obviously the x-pipes are not catted. http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts...A2672A0A0.aspx The inlet sizes and all this confuse me… What size x-pipe should I be getting? Sizes are 2.25 –2.50 –3.0 IS their any site sponsors who sell a kit with all the clamps and such I will need for mounting the exhaust? Also does any company make a corsa style clone in stainless

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

i would recommend getting the 2.5" size, and you might need to reduce it to 2.25" to go over the axle. I dont have TDs but have thought about it, someone else will chime in who has them.

You wont need a Y-pipe with a true dual system

idk about emissions in Michigan but if you can get away with it dont use cats.

this is a good kit a lot of people use but it dumps. you could have a shop modify it to go over the axle
    http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=196&catid=56
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

I'd just run straight pipes back. Theres no emission testing in Michigan, so you can take the cats off with no problem. Where at in Michigan though??? I'm trying to get an F-Body thing going out here if possible.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

People have ran 2.5 over the axle but it is extremely tight so 2.25 sounds a little easier. If you want mufflex makes a 4" catback which is a very nice system. x-pipe and y-pipe system can both be catted but a catted x-pipe system out of the box does not exist as far as i have heard. What mufflers did you have in mind for it?

midnight blue

I'm out by Flint. There's a few clubs out this way. Dunno about strictly f-body clubs but it would be fun to be apart of a f-body wolfpack.

I want to run the Magnaflows. Heard nothing but good things about them.

Still debating on how I wanna run it. The way I drive I'm sure I'd be good with 3" all the way back but, not looking to scrape it up at all.

I've heard good things about the x-pipe. Smoothing out the sound alot better then a y pipe. DOn't want much rasp.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

What kind of HP are you making, a 2.5 TD system is more than enough for cars upwards of 450hp. The magnaflow x-pipes are real nice and their mufflers are as well. Heard of people running with 4x9s and they are pretty low, i know there are 4" and 6" bullets that sound pretty good depending on how loud you wanna go.

midnight blue

Well for now I will be having some long tubes full exhaust and a lid. Probally getting into a stall and an ls6 intake. My internals will be stock until I have to upgrade something or hit the lotto.

I daily drive the car a bit in the summer. Round trip is 100 miles plus a day so I want the car to be loud, but not too loud. I want to at least intimidate some people... lol

Thread Information