Thread: corsa on LS1?

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

corsa on LS1?

I intend on buying an LS1 and when I do I hope to put aftermarket exhaust on it this winter. I was wondering if anyone has corsa if so I'd like to hear what you think of it, price wise, sound, performance, clearance, looks, stuff like that. If you could also throw in what kind of headers you have that would be great. I personally hope to get a ORY Corsa exhaust with maybe some Longtube headers... don't really know what kind of headers to go with.
    Any info would be great, thanks.

Trans Am for life baby SexyTransAm's Avatar

95-black & 80-blue
    95 Trans Am and 80 TA

i could jack off to the sound of the corsa!!!!!
    DO IT!!!!

Any catback is going to sound different depending on if you're stock w/cats, ORY, LTs, etc. Best to listen to the setup you're looking for in person. Maybe you can get an idea at www.ls1sounds.com

98 Formula
    06 duramax

my buddy has a corsa touring exhaust on his vette. Very exotic sound. It took me a bit to get used to it but once I did I really liked the sound of it. It's just different from what you normally hear. Obviously the vette will sound different than an f-body but I like his.

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)

Talking

all good things to hear guys... keep them comin'

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)

bump, just wondering if anyone out there that has corsa can share some information and maybe even a sound clip or two .

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

i have the corsa power pulse exhaust on my ws6, i really like it- sounds good and looks good in my opinion. the power pulse one is pretty quiet when it is just at idle but still sounds good. heres a link to corsa's site with the sounds of my exhaust:
    http://corsaperformance.com/cfflash.html

heres a pic of mine: (sorry not the best exhaust pic but the only one i could find on my comp right now)

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Corsa has the best looking tips out there, imo. Very different from everything else out there. Im personally going with GMMG though because I want that "Im gonna rip your friggin heart out" sound.

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)

hahahah best description I've heard of a sound all week .
    As for the pic I'm with you, fricken gorgeous tips! Unreal I could make love to those babbies

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)

Anyone else out there have Corsa exhaust I'd love to hear more about it.

black
    2000 pontiac trans am

I have almost same car as randi820 with the same exhaust!!! Mine is a 2000 instead of the 2002. I just bought it a week ago and I'm waiting to save some money to do some more things to it. But, it has the corsa power pulse with dynatech long tube headers, and the car sounds amazing, puts a big happy smile on my face every time I push down the gas. I have to look at the headers that were installed, I feel there’s a leak somewhere. But even with the long tube headers the cars had a reasonable tone to it at an idle. Another thing, where I am in Connecticut there’s been a big crack down on cars and bikes with noise violations, its terrible because the police are doing more random check points for noise on cars and bikes than DUI checkpoints. Its out of control and I hate it but, it is what it is till I move out of this dumb state. But at an idle and if I keep a good eye out, I think I can just about make there decibel meter at an idle, as soon as the car is throttled up or under load I'm screwed.
    Last edited by Rob00Taws6; 06-05-2007 at 08:11 PM.

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)

Huh this all sounds pretty good but now I'm starting to wonder about something. Correct me if I wrong but I was under the impression that you can put a different brand LT headers on a car with a different brand ORY. ie: Kooks LT's and a Corsa ORY is this possible or if you get an ORY do you have to get a full Corsa system header all the way to the tips?

black
    2000 pontiac trans am

Well, being honest I bought the car with the headers and exhaust already on the car, I didn't install them myself. I have to put new gaskets on the headers because they leak
    (Looks like the previous owner torque the flange down to tight or didn’t re torque). But looking under the car with this set up nothing is modified or cut to fit everything looks like a bolt in installation. The only issue that I have is of course the leak and the passenger side portion of the y- pipe hangs a little low. With your long tube headers and y pipe collect from 2 into 1 at a specific point and then your cat back connects to that point. As far as I know you can mix and match the exhaust to your liking and would have to do little if any modification to make it fit correctly, as long as you have the same brand long tube headers, y-pipe and cats as a collective unit. And then pick a cat back of your choice, but I would ask someone else that has actually done the install, like I said I bought the car with the combination on it and this is my first 4th gen trans am that I have owned.

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)

I think I'm picking up what you're laying down let me just make sure. I'm sorry if I'm screwing this up but I just want to make sure I'm getting this. So hypethetically I could put Kooks LT and then they could bolt onto a stock Y-pipe? then I could get a Corsa cat-back ORY?

Trans Am for life baby SexyTransAm's Avatar

95-black & 80-blue
    95 Trans Am and 80 TA

the LTs will not bolt to the stock Y. u will prob need to go with a kooks Y pipe if u go with the kooks LTs.

95 TA A4, Black on Black C5 Z06 wheels, CAI, 160 powerstat, TB coolent bypass, TB foil, LT4 Knock Sensor, STB, SFC, Poly trans and torque arm mounts, flowmaster muffler, gutted cat, and hypertech tuned.
    http://www.fquick.com/SexyTransAm

black
    2000 pontiac trans am

think this web sight sums it up best, you can see for yourself!!!

http://www.kookscustomheaders.com/ki...=&offrd=Catted

What’s nice is kooks sells there long tube headers, and the y-pipe with the option of buying the corsa exhaust of your choice. But you need the connection pipe (the y-pipe) to make it work and fit correctly. Click on the pieces on the sight to see the pictures of the product, and compare it to your stock y-pipe, you’ll see that the kooks y-pipe is need to make the connection. Ohh these headers are for an LT1. Question why dont you stick with the lt1 and convert it to an lt4, its a great combination and edelbrock it repoping lt4 intake manifolds as well as heads to do the conversion?

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)

well cause I always wanted an LS1 and a convertible.
    thanks for the link.

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)

I want to get your guys' opinion on something. I want to know do you guys feel that you get a better sound with different LT headers?
    What I'm trying to get at here is do you think difference between LT headers is more between maybe power, or do you feel that they will change your sound too... or maybe there is no real difference between them and its just how much money you want to throw at them... let me know what you think... I was thinking Kooks for LT but then I realized thats about the most expensive choice you can make so I'm ready to maybe look at some different brands.

black
    2000 ws.6 m6

kooks do have headers that can fit stock y pipe or can get their y with cats

Thread Information