black
    2000 camaro ss

coolant lines under my intake??

hey guys,
    Ive trying to put my ride back together and Ive ran into another problem. My car is an 00 with the coolant tube going right under the center of of my intake so they recommend i upgrade to the pre ls6 coolant lines that come up the front only. After buying the new lines it looks to me like they just block off the rear holes and pushes water in the front ones. Is this right? it sure don't seem like a better way to cool to me. is this a better setup? thanx for any imput..

red
    2000 camaro ss

did you just put an ls6 intake on your car?

hugger orange

yup they are just little blockoffs on the back.
    you could just trim the bottom of your ls6 intake to fit over the collant (steam lines) if you are doing an intake swap\upgrade

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Yeah, it blocks off the back...the reason I got the LS6 Coolant lines is because the stock LS1 lines don't fit with the LS6 Valley Cover.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

you can cut your lines so that they only run side to side. then braze the cut ends. thats what i did, it was what my instructions told me to do for my ls6 intake. works perfect, no problems and its free

you can find details instructions in this manual
    http://www.holley.com/data/Products/.../199R10267.pdf
    Last edited by mpfranks; 01-30-2009 at 06:45 PM.

black
    2000 camaro ss

thanks for clearing it up for me. I have a typhoon intake i got a great deal on it . Thanx for the link mpfranks that lingenfelter guy knows a little something about gm power thats for sure (just orderd some heads and a cam from them).Does this pre ls6 style cool better? Ive already bought the stuff to switch it over but im curious.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by tbias View Post
    thanks for clearing it up for me. I have a typhoon intake i got a great deal on it . Thanx for the link mpfranks that lingenfelter guy knows a little something about gm power thats for sure (just orderd some heads and a cam from them).Does this pre ls6 style cool better? Ive already bought the stuff to switch it over but im curious.
    no its the same, the 01-02 ls1's all came with the ls6 style lines. you cant even but the old ones anymore, theyre obsolete.

black
    2000 camaro ss

i got ya . thanks again for all the imput.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

anything to save someone else from the headaches i went through with mine, lol

black
    2000 camaro ss

I hear ya . Its a pain the ass working on these things but its all gonna be worth it when i hand it to this kid up the street in his mustang!

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by tbias View Post
    I hear ya . Its a pain the ass working on these things but its all gonna be worth it when i hand it to this kid up the street in his mustang!
    cant you already? what does he have done?

red
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    cant you already? what does he have done?
    must be runnin 10+ pounds of boost, FULL BOLT ONS, radials, and a good driver; against his intake/exhaust f-body.

black
    2000 camaro ss

he just got it amonth ago and my ss has been torn apart for 4 months now ! Shes gettn a h/c/i swap baby!!

dark blue
    2000 pontiac trans am ws6

hey mpfranks

just installed the weiand ls6 intake manifold 2 weeks ago...what a pain in the butt! u were right about lengthen that wire but i had no issues wit the 2 vacuum lines in the back...other than that it was fine....till 2 days ago the weiend ls6 intake manifold had a vacuum leak underneath it where u screw on that plate on the back...so had to take out the intake and apply sealant to the gasket and plate...how annoying...

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

That plate came with a gasket. That's odd. I've had no issues with mine. Outside of that, what do you think about it?

dark blue

That plate came with a gasket. That's odd. I've had no issues with mine. Outside of that, what do you think about it?
    ya that plate did come with a gasket but i guess there was still a vaccuum leak coming from it..i thought it was a worn bearing or sumthing on a pulley...but used a stheoscope and it confirmed the noise was either from tb or intake and so i decided to spray brake cleaner on tb, egr tube, and underneath the intake and soon found out a whole bunch of white smoke came out of my exhaust so i knew there was a vaccum leak occuring where the plate was. The noise was a really high pitched WEEEEEEEEEEEEE, sounded like a supercharger, a half ass one.

But ya just to give u a heads up that a vacuum leak could occur at the plate and i solved it by applying sealant on the gasket and outside of the plate to make sure no leak would ever occur.

other than that, since i got it for $370 brand new, can't complain and u do notice gain's in the upper band of rpm. Like u said before, it's good to have the egr since i too have egr set up on my long tube headers.

just wondering, do u have ur car lowered? was planning on lowering it, but dunno if if i can since i have pacesetter long tube and y...

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

well luckily i havent heard any "weeeeeeeeeeeee" noise yet. but i guess ill know what it is if i do hear it. yeah my car is lowered, but i havent installed my QTP longtubes yet. my y-pipe does drag sometimes on pretty steep driveways and such. but either way, the look of a lowered fbody is totally worth it.

dark blue

well luckily i havent heard any "weeeeeeeeeeeee" noise yet. but i guess ill know what it is if i do hear it. yeah my car is lowered, but i havent installed my QTP longtubes yet. my y-pipe does drag sometimes on pretty steep driveways and such. but either way, the look of a lowered fbody is totally worth it.
    ya i would love the lowered look for sure, what kind of set up do u have on ur suspension shock/spring combo? i also heard that just getting eibach springs ontop of stock shocks will not work and something about getting a adj pan bar or something like that? any reasons y?

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Lee View Post
    ya i would love the lowered look for sure, what kind of set up do u have on ur suspension shock/spring combo? i also heard that just getting eibach springs ontop of stock shocks will not work and something about getting a adj pan bar or something like that? any reasons y?
    went you lower the rear with the stock panhard bar your rearend will be pushed off to one side, the adjustable bar let's you recenter the rear

Thread Information