2000 Camaro Z28

Be Cool Thermostat

I recently purchased a 160 degree Be Cool Thermostat from Summit. After i waited the two month back order I received it and attempted to install it today. I noticed that the new housing was different than the stock one but thought nothing of it since i have seen that looked like both. I had taken off the stock thermostat and much to my surprise the new one would not go into the hole in the water pump. I called Summit Customer Service and they had no answer for me. They claimed they had no information on this part and could be the wrong one. Not that i hadn't already figured that out. Now that i have reinstalled the stock parts i am out of the mood to do it all over again. Has anybody else had this problem??

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 00 Z28
    I recently purchased a 160 degree Be Cool Thermostat from Summit. After i waited the two month back order I received it and attempted to install it today. I noticed that the new housing was different than the stock one but thought nothing of it since i have seen that looked like both. I had taken off the stock thermostat and much to my surprise the new one would not go into the hole in the water pump. I called Summit Customer Service and they had no answer for me. They claimed they had no information on this part and could be the wrong one. Not that i hadn't already figured that out. Now that i have reinstalled the stock parts i am out of the mood to do it all over again. Has anybody else had this problem??
    I say, just get a refund and get a hypertech/slp 160 stat. I bought one from our sponsors. I just installed mine today instead of installing my NGKs.

silver
    2000 camaro ss

personally i think the 160 is just to cool, the 180 stat is perfect.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Just because your stat says 160, it doesn't mean the constant temperature of your engine will be 160.
    It will be actually 12-18 degrees hotter than what your stat set up.

2K LPM Z28 M6- GMHTP StreetHeat feature Nov 12- Camaro Performers Readers' Rides feature Nov 12
    2K4 BS G35 sedan 5AT

silver
    2000 camaro ss

too cold

2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by bene
    I say, just get a refund and get a hypertech/slp 160 stat. I bought one from our sponsors. I just installed mine today instead of installing my NGKs.
    Yeah that is probably what i will do. I was just pissed that i had it all apart and called every place in town to see if they had it in stock but they didn't.

Thread Information