SOM
    2002 SS

Cheapest High flow cats to replace stockers??

Well I can't seem to stop thinking about Lts on the z. I want to keep cats to keep noise down too. i have the cash to splurge on some nice stainless lts and catted y but to be honest I just dont want to. The car is clean but its been winter driven every year of its life and itsn't the 'pristine' condition I would want it to be in where money would be more object when it comes to dumping cash on mods. I'm thinking pacesetters LTs (painted !) and cheapo cats and have the exhaust guy mate it to the hooker y/corsa i already have on the car.

What do you guys think? WIll painted hold up a couple of years? Do pacesetters come sans emissions hookups?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I got my magnaflow cats for $77 each or right about there they are universal style.

Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

I also recommend the Magnaflows. I got them on the GTO and the are working well. Already had the sensor holes in them.

Test pipes with rear O2 sensors bypassed.

SOM
    2002 SS

$77 sounds liek a steal ima get those buy them anywhere special?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Summit performance

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

If your putting cats on to stay legal, people do have problems with codes being throw for cat in efficiencies. Just thought I would throw that out there.

SOM
    2002 SS

The primary reason is noise. I want to keep this as quiet as possible since its a dd. I dont want to have to put 6 resonators like i have on the vette. does anyone have any ideas on noise reduction?

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Why not just keep it stock then? spend the money on something other than exhaust. If your going to put LT's on and then add a whole bunch of new restrictions just so it'll stay quiet, you could probably get better bang for your buck elsewhere.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    The primary reason is noise. I want to keep this as quiet as possible since its a dd. I dont want to have to put 6 resonators like i have on the vette. does anyone have any ideas on noise reduction?
    My LT's with hiflow cats are barely louder than stock manifolds/Cats, still picked up good power. Cats have a significant muffling effect.

SOM
    2002 SS

it's the muffling effect I am after. I want to do a cam but both local builders just said put the headers on and then come see us. Maybe I should just insist on the cam as it is....

I was debating on doing el cheapo : ebay Headers, $39 ea (forget the name) ebay high flow ceramic cats and i already have a corsa and ory. Even if it doesnt pass I may get the codes deleted and be happy I picked up some power and not much noise. Then do a nice cam with new springs.

SOM
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSS1 View Post
    My LT's with hiflow cats are barely louder than stock manifolds/Cats, still picked up good power. Cats have a significant muffling effect.
    ss1 what Lts/cats do you have ?

Black
    2000 Camaro SS Conv.

If you get the pacesetters coated they will last a few years. Good highflow cats like magnaflow/carsound don't rob that much power and they smooth out the sound and prevent rasp.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    ss1 what Lts/cats do you have ?
    American Racing Headers and their catted Y

White
    2002 Z28

i bought some thunderbolt cats (45$ each, bullet style like the mags) they are 3" tubing 4" center section and 11" long. i put two in my ory and they didnt make my exhaust any queiter. i'm going to have to add a bullert muffler in the I pipe or something to make it queiter. its so loud with my single chamber rear muffler that it almost sounds like open header! i need to get it inspected but have been told to go someplace else because they didnt want to look at it twice. my 12:1 compression probably has something to do with it.

Black on Black
    2001 Trans Am ws6

[QUOTE=mondols1;2135331]i bought some thunderbolt cats (45$ each, bullet style like the mags) they are 3" tubing 4" center section and 11" long. i put two in my ory and they didnt make my exhaust any queiter. i'm going to have to add a bullert muffler in the I pipe or something to make it queiter. its so loud with my single chamber rear muffler that it almost sounds like open header! i need to get it inspected but have been told to go someplace else because they didnt want to look at it twice. my 12:1 compression probably has something to do with it.[/QU

You can go to these small mom and pop inspection places that most hot rod owners take there cars and the will pass you with whatever and they also do alot better job putting the stickers on than most places

Thread Information