Thread: Cat's

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Cat's

I live in WV. one of the states where they still don't know what the emissions are . lol. at least they aren't doing all sorts of tests and the like.

I have been thinking about saying good buy to the cat's on my car ( a 94 grand marquis) simply because the pipe is tiny as hell. The only catch is that I drive it out of state a good deal, and have heard of their being emission check points.

I was wondering what would happen if i were stopped at one of these. being from out of state and all. and also, what you guys thought. It's a minor thing on this car.. but when i get my T/A I'm definitely going to be more interested.

Sorry for asking a not exactly GM question here.. if it is inappropriate I apologize and please delete. ..... on the GM side i did see a new t/a convert at a dealership I'm going to have to go check out!

Thanks in advance.

00 LS1, WS6, V8 Gremlin
    96 & 98 GTPs, 64 'Cuda

I'm sure the legality varies from state to state, bound to be some that would nail you.

No reason you can't put in a high flow cat, or even a fake one. A lot of people have taken an old cat, hollowed it out and if necessary had the code written out of their PCM.

Thread Information