Thread: Cant decide

00pewterWS6TA

Cant decide

Ok. i'm about to order a set of pacesetters, but i have no idea with y pipe will be best for me. i have slp loudmouth and slp hi flow lid on an a4 2000 ws6. also i want to get 3.73 gears and a tr 224 cam on a 112 lsa. but from what i hear the loudmouth will get very raspy without a catted y . i dont mind spending the extra money if thats whats gonna sound the best so any ideas would help.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I had almost the identical situation....went with Random Technology cats....
    without them...other cars I have been around without them I should say....just make your teeth hurt they are so loud...who the hell wants that? The RT cats provide the buffer without taking the RWHP away....
    http://www.randomtechnology.com/

00pewterWS6TA
    would anyone recomend the tsp hi flow catted y pipe. or should i just get and off road pipe and from there get some different cats?

I would not recommend getting any ORY if you plan to keep the Loudmouth you should only look into getting a catted pipe. On that note the best y-pipe you could buy would be a custom y, but if you wanna buy a production one then I would stay away from looking at a ory and putting in cats. You should just buy a y-pipe already designed for and with cats, they are designed with different clearances in different spots to account for the cats.

99 Firebird Formula

Unless you live in the middle of no where and want your car to be ungodly loud, don't get an ORY with a loudmouth. I have a loudmouth with LT's & ORY on my car now (waiting on a Magnaflow thank you!) and it is pretty damn loud...when I line up next to a race car at the track mine is louder, lol.

It's up to you to do one of two things - select a y pipe with high flow cats, or get an ORY and sell the loudmouth. Who knows though you might like it, we are all different....but for me at least the ORY + loudmouth is too loud. I ordered a magnaflow to quiet it down some, it's also a better looking exhaust in my opinion (and affordable).

Snake Eater
    Quote Originally Posted by keliente
    Unless you live in the middle of no where and want your car to be ungodly loud, don't get an ORY with a loudmouth. I have a loudmouth with LT's & ORY on my car now (waiting on a Magnaflow thank you!) and it is pretty damn loud...when I line up next to a race car at the track mine is louder, lol.

It's up to you to do one of two things - select a y pipe with high flow cats, or get an ORY and sell the loudmouth. Who knows though you might like it, we are all different....but for me at least the ORY + loudmouth is too loud. I ordered a magnaflow to quiet it down some, it's also a better looking exhaust in my opinion (and affordable).
    How does your car sound with the magnaflow now? Any what kind of LT's?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

would putting LTs with an ORY sound better with the flowmaster 80 series rather than stock with the flows

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

I'm thinking of going with Mac L/T's and ory and running my flowmaster c/b until I can buy the Stainless Works chambered exhaust. Does anyone know how that will sound?

Modding is an Addiction bww3588's Avatar
    if i were you i would just keep the loudmouth, nix the cats, and get a muffler for the loudmouth II from SLP. it slips inplace of your resonator on your loudmouth and takes care of the raspyness.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Have you looked into getting a stall convertor before headers for that A4? You'd prol' see similar or better gains with the convertor first, some have shaved .4-.5 secs off their 1/4 times

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711
    Have you looked into getting a stall convertor before headers for that A4? You'd prol' see similar or better gains with the convertor first, some have shaved .4-.5 secs off their 1/4 times
    i shaved about .6 with a lil ole 3000 converter.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Cost of convertor and headers are around the same, right? I'd go stall first then headers

Marc '99T/A
    If you do a converter, go with a Vig or Yank. Don't try and go cheap...you'll regret it later when it doesn't perform like the top brands would've. Trust me, I know. (sorry, getting off topic; but I had to respond to this)

silver
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

Carsound cats, Flowmaster collector, and have a shop make a custom Y pipe for you.
    2002 Trans Am 6sp, SLP lid, Holley filter, Shaner S3 TB, Jet Hot long tubes and cats, FRA, HP tuners, Hotchkis STB and LCAs. TEA stage 1.5 5.3 heads, Comp 220/224 114 +2, UMI Boxed SFCs, Edelbrock PHR. Moser 9" 4.11 gears.

**FOR SALE**: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60478

Thread Information