Thread: can i go to big

silver/black
    00 trans am,SLP,Ws6

can i go to big

i want to go bigger then the stock 7.5 mm wires i was thinking 8.5 mm from summit but i also found 10.4 mm can i go to big or is this a bigger is better thing?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Advertising hype IMO. Our ignition wires are real short and the only gain will be how much money the retailer gets to put in their pocket. I have no problem with purchasing a quality set of wires versus a generic parts store set, just not worth the extra coin to go with a radical wire that will not make a bit of difference in the end.

silver/black
    00 trans am,SLP,Ws6

so what your saying is because their so short size doesn't matter

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

A wire needs to conduct the electrical charge to the spark plug, keep the charge insulated from arcing to ground before it gets there, have sufficient durability to withstand engine heat (especially around headers), suppress any RF interference that may be generated and not lose too much electrical engery in the process.

Due to the short wire run, loss due to excessive resistance is not a huge issue. Obviously a crap wire could impact this, but a good quality stock diameter wire will get the job done. If you are like most of us, you want to spend your $$ on items that will net you performance gains or are simply mods done for the sake of appearance. To me, a monster set of wires is more of an appearance mod than anything.

The only time you are going to notice a difference is if your existing wires are crapping out on you. A new set of wires will make a night and day difference for you. Easy answer -- do what makes you happy.

silver/black
    00 trans am,SLP,Ws6

thanks

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

the wires are the same in a 7.5 wires or 10.5 just the insulator but like stated above RF is why when running msd box running more current the thick insulator comes into play

Thread Information