midnight blue metalic
    2001 camaro z28

Exclamation Can Anyone tell me where the p.c.m is located

Fans aint come on since ive owned the car a 98 stock z28 72,000 miles.I know there are very knowledgible techs on this site , from last visit in 2011 I believe.There seems to be less owners now but its ok. my only car and techs from this site were good so I came back.Its imperative as im now in 100 degree weather and knowing fans wont come on till after water boils at stops and roadwork id have to pull over or melt my engine so here I am.appreciate any idea help thought 2 cents , I also see that cooling probs are a big issue with is it just these cars or all electric pcm controlled fans?tanks in advance

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

The pcm is on the rear of the passenger side by the cowl. It has a bunch of cables coming out of it. Have you checked your fuses and relays for the fans?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Could be a wiring or connection issue, grounds, fuse or relay, or temp sender. PCM is probably the last thing I would suspect as the culprit. Quick test is to start the engine and fire up the AC on high -- that should kick the fans on. That will tell you if they have power and ground. Next check would be to plug in a scanner and see what the engine temp reads. That runs off a different sender than the gauge in the instrument cluster, if I recall.

Thread Information