Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

buying LTs need info....

need help/info from you pls..
    ok, im gonna buy some long tube headers soon, i really want the pacesetter headers bc lot of people talk good about them, but, i dont like the black ones. the coated ones are ok, they cost more!and they get rusted with the time.
    so what im gonna do, is buy egay headers, stainless steel, they look good, and i want the chrome looking headers on my car,
    many people say the fitment is bad, but even on the expensive headers that happen..
    unless i buy some cheap used pasecetter harder ill take them...

what else i need? i know i need 02 extentions, new gaskets, new bolts?
    on this im lost.. which ones i need to get? 1 7/8 or 1 3/4 ?. i really appreciate the help! thanks..

i someone already installed ebay headers pls feel free to post a comment about them..

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Stainless is the way to go -- with eBay headers you want to look at the mounting position for the O2 senders. The sender should ideally be pointed downward to some degree to allow moisture to fall away from the sensor tip. Also, don't even consider extension harness as you are just asking for problems. Grab a set of Bosch P/N 13111 senders as they have a nice long harness and work great in our cars. I went with 1-7/8" to allow for future upgrades -- Hi-Po had some good input on the 1-7/8" vs. 1-3/4" a few years back and that is what swayed me.

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

I run BBK LTs with thier ORY. As far as fitment goes they are outstanding. No issues at all with em. Here is what was recommended to me when i asked these same questions.

Stainless Steel LTs
    New GM Bolts
    New GM Gaskets
    Poly motor Mounts

As far as the brands go Im sure people will chime in with their .02 on each. Rule of thumb Kooks are the way to go if you have the money. I've heard good and bad about the Ebay headers on fit. Other than those all I can say about brands is i went BBK to save money and was def pleased with them.

Mr. Kid ran into an issue when he did his headers where they were catching on the securing bolt on the steering shaft. His build thread has all the info on what and where he had to grind and the bolt he found that wouldn't rub.

People mentioned motor mounts to me to restore the original placement of the motor to allow for the most room for the headers. If you go this route i recommend doing on side at a time as you install them. also after youve completed on side keep the bolts loose that hold the clamshell to the block while you do the other side. helped me tremendously when i lined up the second side.

I would listen to PaJeff on the O2 extentions, i did use them and don't have an issue yet but I only ran the car a month before deploying so no real good time frame to judge there. PaJeff knows his shit so if he's saying they are junk I'd go with it.

As far as 1 3/4 vs 1 7/8 I dont know enough about the difference there to help you make an informed decision bro.

Good luck with your hunt man
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 A-4:
    Volant CAI, BBK LTs, BBK ORY, SLP LM2, FROST Tune, A/C Heat Delete, AIR Delete

Red
    99 Z28

Grab some 1 7/8s to allow for down the road. They say the size really doesnt matter till around 450-500hp, but no point in buying headers a second time. Yes kooks/SW/AR are the best money can buy, well alot of money can buy. They fit the best and flow the best, but they come with a price tag. With a budget in mind its really hard to pass up Pacesetters. I personally and personally dont know anyone that used the ebay headers so I cant help you on that. And go by what pajeff said with the o2s, been there done that. I would suggest getting new hardware and new gaskets..

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

thanks guys for the info... so the way to go is 1 7/8 correct?
    i plan on running a cam, ls6 heads and intake in the future, so i want to start by buying the right parts for those upgrades. my goal is 400-450 hp..

oem gasket, and bolts im gonna buy, ill take your advice on the o2 sensors, but i am not sure if i want to go with highflow cats or no cat at all.. other idea i had was to run a single cat to reduce gas fumes and all that.. what you guys recommend?
    on the motor mounts i was going to get poly mounts but im not sure yet.. i thought with those you can feel the vibrations more?i could be wrong

another option was the bbk header, but they go for around $400 if im not wrong they come with the Y pipe

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

ya man go 1 7/8, after you get to your goal of 400-450hp after a bit your prolly gonna want more. Might as well be on the safe side and buy once instead of twice. I just went through verifing the headers i am running now would work on a 408 i want to build only to remember i went with 1 3/4 so it doesnt really matter cause i have to pick up 1 7/8 now... yup kicking myself now thats for sure. The BBKs do comewith a y pipe catted or ORY depending on your choice. Not sure if they sell a 1 7/8 though id have to look. as far as cats go, in cali once you move them from the stock position your are illegal and LTs do this. So from a fumes stand point id say go no cats. Mine runs with no cats and the fumes didnt bother me at all. I was daily driving it too. But that is really a preference stand point. Though it doesn't bother me it could bother you. So thats up to you bro. As far as one vs two i would buy the matching catted y-pipe for the headers that you buy. It should make fitment easier on you depending on the brand you go with.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

There is an extensive thread on here about E-bay headers and fitment that is several pages long with good info. I'll try to locate it for you.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f63/so-ebay-headers-130390/

Wasn't the one I was looking for, but overall responses were positive it looks like from the people who bought them in the above thread. I didn't read through it all though.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

thanks guys i appreciate the the help.
    thanks for the link jon, the guys there talk good bout this headers, so ill just go eith them, obx header went to high on price they used to be cheaper,
    i also watched a video on youtube bout a guy that just bought some few days ago, he says they look rally good,,

also on the cats, i was told that running no cats can damage the the valves or something..whats the truth on that?
    i'll probably go for highflow cats from ebay, they are around 50 dollars each.
    i did some reaserch and seems that pacesetter y pipe fits the ebay headers.

on the future i plan on doing more mods, if i could probably do a 4xx kit... but for now i just want to start with this.

the ebay header on the description says 1 5/8?

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by MudStainKILLA View Post
    I run BBK LTs with thier ORY. As far as fitment goes they are outstanding. No issues at all with em. Here is what was recommended to me when i asked these same questions.

Stainless Steel LTs
    New GM Bolts
    New GM Gaskets
    Poly motor Mounts

As far as the brands go Im sure people will chime in with their .02 on each. Rule of thumb Kooks are the way to go if you have the money. I've heard good and bad about the Ebay headers on fit. Other than those all I can say about brands is i went BBK to save money and was def pleased with them.

Mr. Kid ran into an issue when he did his headers where they were catching on the securing bolt on the steering shaft. His build thread has all the info on what and where he had to grind and the bolt he found that wouldn't rub.

People mentioned motor mounts to me to restore the original placement of the motor to allow for the most room for the headers. If you go this route i recommend doing on side at a time as you install them. also after youve completed on side keep the bolts loose that hold the clamshell to the block while you do the other side. helped me tremendously when i lined up the second side.

I would listen to PaJeff on the O2 extentions, i did use them and don't have an issue yet but I only ran the car a month before deploying so no real good time frame to judge there. PaJeff knows his shit so if he's saying they are junk I'd go with it.

As far as 1 3/4 vs 1 7/8 I dont know enough about the difference there to help you make an informed decision bro.

Good luck with your hunt man
    Fit and quality are everything with FLH. Price is also an issue but a quality unit is what you are looking for. I like SLP because they fit correctly and they last. I you want cheap then try Ebay.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Other than keeping the car legal from an emissions standpoint, there is no harm in removing the catalytic converters. You will need to either tune out your rear O2 senders or install sims, with a tune being preferable as you should do that anyway after installing LT's imo.

pewter
    99 Trans Am

Thinking about the same thing installing headers, I need a truthful hp increase statement. i have have heard 20 rearwheel hp gains, Some say 22 and some have said less.Will there be a gain worth the money spent plus tune to a stock TA.Do anyone have dragging issues? or leak issues, These are some of the things I have worries about before I tear into my pride and joy. I plan on going with the pacesetter setup plus catted y pipe. Don't like the drone sound with the uncatted y.
    Last edited by Street Fighter; 01-02-2012 at 04:18 AM.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I have the 1st generation of Ebay headers. The drivers side collector was kind of angled upwards so the Texas Speed Y pipe would not fit on it. My exhaust guy had to modify it. If I remember correctly they may have modified the headers since but getting another brand y pipe to fit out of the box may be a concern. Other than that I had to grind a little off the K member on one side too. Several years later one of my air fittings broke off (had them blocked off with block off plates) and had to pull the header off to fix it. I recommend cutting these off and welding them over before installation.

Last edited by INMY01TA; 01-02-2012 at 07:53 AM.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Op if your dead set on the ebay headers then go for it they usually dont have to many issues with fitment. However you will probably need a custom y-pipe to mount up to them. I personally have a BBK setup and I love them. The headers fit great and the chrome is actually holding up pretty well.

If your planning on staying just a bolt on car then I wouldnt worry too much about having 1 7-8th's headers I mean if your spending the money on expensive headers then ya why not but I wouldnt go out of my way for it. However Texas speed does offer a set of Stainless 1 7-8ths headers for 499 which imo is a steal. However they really dont provide much gains on a bolt on ls1 (8hp on an engine dyno) but if your planning on a stroker motor later on then I'd recommend it

Thread Information