Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bolt on Mods

Sunset Orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Bolt on Mods

Hey guys, new guy on the site. I'm really not looking to do any major internal work to the motor. Was shooting for 375-385 HP on basically bolt on mods? First Question. Can it be done usuing just bolt ons? Second Question. If so What's the best combo?

2002 Z28 Automatic.
    Only Mod is Full Flowmaster installed before Purchase.
    thanks

99' 30th Ann TA

I dynoed at 381 with just bolt ons and the mods in my sig
    30th Anniversary Trans Am #0998
    B&B triflow exhaust, American Racing Headers, RPM Level V T-56, RPS clutch, LS6 intake, P&P TB, Hotchkis lower trailing, Panard Rod, Tower Brace, SFC's, and Swar Bar Kit, BMR Lowering Springs, HAL Adjustable Shocks and Coilovers, Powerslot Rotors

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by ebdboudreaux View Post
    I dynoed at 381 with just bolt ons and the mods in my sig
    how do those shocks ride...sorry off topic I know

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Are you shooting for crank HP or wheel HP? I personally would target an E/T time and not a HP number.

The biggest bang for the buck with an A4 is a stall. A 3600 stall will reduce your E/T in the 1/4 by roughly .5 seconds I have read. Next I would think LTs (long tube headers). You could also purchase a lid. Headers I would guess would increase HP by roughly 30-35.

I have a M6 with some very good supporting suspension mods. The only HP adders I have done is LTs, exhaust, and a lid. I DYNO'd 330rwhp on a Mustang DYNO which would be about 360rwhp on a DYNO Jet. At the crank that would be about 400+ and that's going through a Moser 9" rear end, which takes a lot more power to drive. Thus, it's easily achievable.

Sunset Orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thanks for the responses, to answer your question. Im not going to track it, and Im looking for 385 to the ground. Does me no good to have it at the crank and nothing to the wheels. I was looking at the SLP Full Induction, Not just the lid, has anybody had any real gains with them? What type of LTs do you have that give you 35? Thanks

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetrider View Post
    Thanks for the responses, to answer your question. Im not going to track it, and Im looking for 385 to the ground. Does me no good to have it at the crank and nothing to the wheels. I was looking at the SLP Full Induction, Not just the lid, has anybody had any real gains with them? What type of LTs do you have that give you 35? Thanks
    I would not purchase ANYTHING SLP (just my opinion and many others on this site as well). I have Kook's LTs, but they are pretty pricey as thy are one of the best available. If you are looking for the an affordable LT that is good quality, go with Pacesetters. There is also a sticky on here that Ron (Hi-Po) wrote up that will tell you everything you need to know about headers (brands, pricing, installing, etc).
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Here is the sticky on headers.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126089

navy blue metalic
    2001 camaro ss

the slp flow pac is pretty good i've seen .3 off 1/4 mile times with just that kit i know thats not what your lookin for but it's the only facts i can give you don't know the hp gain just know thats a good improvement for the $$

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

I did a SLP lid, Fernco smooth bellows and SSRA. Together they made improved the power quite a bit. The catch can helped a small amount too. I haven't done a dyno. Very good gains in the country and on the highway.
    You might want to focus on getting the power to the ground while you add it.
    I just put SFCs on the car yesterday. No more squeeks at the bottm of the driveway or on railroad tracks. It launches straighter and with better control now. I did a shift kit a while back too. It just plain makes the car more fun.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

For being able to plant power to the ground better, you will want better lower control arms along with the relocation brackets for them. You will also want to look at an aftermarket torque arm.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

You are not going to see 380 anything to the wheels without going inside the motor especially an auto. I have every bolt-on and make 338hp 355tq(auto). You can do a cheater cam like a 218/226 115lsa and headers and still would probably fall a little short of the mark.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    You are not going to see 380 anything to the wheels without going inside the motor especially an auto. I have every bolt-on and make 338hp 355tq(auto). You can do a cheater cam like a 218/226 115lsa and headers and still would probably fall a little short of the mark.
    A S/C or a turbo is a bolt on

Awaiting Activation

SOM
    1998 T.A.

Yep there are bolton cam only guys in this range......As stated earlier focus on ET.

The dumbass you race from a stoplight can't read your dyno #'s only your license plate.....

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26836
    helps a little
    Like already said Headers, a Lid, You could Port your Throttle Body, There are some free mods you could look up as well like the Throttle Body bypass and the free ram air mod
    These are just a start

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Exactly what I was going to post. An auto won't see 380 at the wheels without a cam, sorry, just not happening. I wouldn't worry about the HP though, get a stall, headers, tune and a few other odds and ends and your car will feel plenty quick enough for ya.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Im at 336 with the stock Ypipe, Headers, no pulley upgrade and no dyno tune just mail order. I think with LT's, ORY, Pulley and a good dyno tune i should be about 360-365 RWHP and i have a M6 tranny. So getting to 375-380 will be very difficult and i have to agree with above doing stall, gears will make your car very quick especially in the quarter mile.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

white
    1999 z28

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by lovedrvr View Post
    I am guessing that is a M6 since it doesn't say and not an A4?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

They are extremely vague in there explantion, reminds me of someone who bought the p1sc because the tuner said it would give them 500hp. Then they realized they meant at the crank not at the wheels.

"400 rwhp LS1 X package (external bolt-ons)
    The X package consists of a combination of components that work in harmony together with custom tuning to produce the absolute maximum power gains without the use of power adders and without heads and cam. It was first developed on an '01 Z06 Corvette in 2001. This car ran 11.44 @ 122 mph when most cars with heads and cam weren't running that well. This was a daily driver with the stock gear and at full weight. The perfect combination of parts and precision tuning is the key to the X package and the X package is the key to getting the most power available from a Naturally Aspirated Stock long block. Some people like not changing heads and cam because it allows them to maintain the factory warranty. Some people just don't want the "race car" sound or give up the drivability that comes with a cam. Some people just want to have as much power as a lot of head/cam packages are providing so that when they do heads and cam they will be well ahead of the game. No matter what you want, the X package gives the absolute most power available from external bolt-ons. We can also modify this package to work on other LS1 Vehicles as well as LS6, LS2, LS3, LS4, LS7 and LS9, with each one making more power respectively. Check out the LS1 F-body X package Dyno here - 400 RWHP - naturally aspirated - without heads/cam. The X packages are available only as in-house turnkey packages."

hugger orange

look into getting around a 3,600 stall and longtube headers 1st.
    I'm running a 3,800 stall with H/C and DD my goat 60+ miles a day........best part of the day is my commute to and from work

Thread Information