Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Italiano

best priced exhaust

ok, does anyone know where I can find the best prices for: Pacesetters LT's and or Jet Hot LT's (both coated) Y pipe and gmmg?

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

I'm interested to know too....

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

look threw the sponsor lists/sponsor section
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

narc
    speedinc?

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

idk, look at summit, jegs, ws6store, fbodymotorsports, year one,texas speed,hawks 3rd gen performnace parts, fasttoys, to name a few

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

jegs yearone and summit will prob, be the most expensive
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

CamaroKillZ28
    Pacesetters w/ the catted ory~$700, gmmg is 700 plus you have to get the intermediate pipes as gmmg is the cat-back only not the whole system! Thats gonna be your best bet....jet-hot you will pay a lil more but i have heard that its a better product as they are coated inside as well as out

Italiano
    Quote Originally Posted by CamaroKillZ28
    Pacesetters w/ the catted ory~$700, gmmg is 700 plus you have to get the intermediate pipes as gmmg is the cat-back only not the whole system! Thats gonna be your best bet....jet-hot you will pay a lil more but i have heard that its a better product as they are coated inside as well as out
    Intermediate pipes?

Midnight Blue
    99' Trans Am

I got my pacesetter LT and y pipe off ebay for $540.

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

intermediate pipe is the pipe that connects your Y-Pipe to your muffler

and you can get the pacesetter headers coated inside and out with the jet hot coating for like 150 bucks when you order them,

i'm looking into those headers myself, pacesetter that is

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

gmmg runs all the way from the y-pipe back

Italiano
    Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    gmmg runs all the way from the y-pipe back
    ok so now im lost... I dont need an intermediat pipe?

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by Italiano
    ok so now im lost... I dont need an intermediat pipe?
    Any catback is just that, cat-back. Nothing additional needed behind the y-pipe. look here http://www.ls1sounds.com/gmmg.htm at the bottom is a pic of exactly what you get from gmmg, you see the muffler/tip setup that goes in the rear and the i-pipe which runs from the y to the rear

CamaroKillZ28
    Take a look at gmmginc.net, they show it bolting up to where the pipe comes over the axle, I could be wrong, but that is what the picture shows. Gmmg is supposed to be like true dual exhaust as it is basically 2 resonators. This is what is said about the exhuast...

"The 4th Generation cars are really hot, fun to drive, and with power and handling you can't buy anywhere else for the money. But it was pretty quiet, even with tires spewing rubber and smoke. But with a mandated db level factory Z28's and SS models have rather quiet and somewhat restrictive cat back exhaust systems.

We offer a true chambered system for 1982 - 2002 V8 Camaro & Firebird, similar to the legendary 1969 chambered systems. 3" I.D. Stainless Intermediate into true dual transverse chambered sections with dual 2 3/4" I.D. polished angle cut tips, one on each side as an American muscle car should be!."

Im still not sure if i was right about the intermediate pipes or not...but I do believe I was!

CamaroKillZ28
    Quote Originally Posted by easyericvan
    I got my pacesetter LT and y pipe off ebay for $540.

Did you get the cats with them? or the o2 sims and extentions? I know that texas-speed has the catted y-pipe and headers fore 700, then you dont have to get the sims

Black
    98 Trans Am

No..........I just bought the GMMG a few weeks ago. The I pipe and over the axle pipe ARE included. Could you imagine $700 for just a muffler and no catback! If you look at the quote you took from gmmg, it lists a 3" intermediate pipe as being included. You can only buy the GMMG from GMMG, and it's $700 w/standard tips and $850 w/premium tips. I also bought the pacesetters and catted y-pipe, and found the best price to be from TSP for $700, or $500 for the LT's with offroad pipe.
    Last edited by SLOW346; 02-27-2006 at 12:53 AM.

Black
    98 Trans Am

Did you get the cats with them? or the o2 sims and extentions? I know that texas-speed has the catted y-pipe and headers fore 700, then you dont have to get the sims

You will still need sims or a tune with the catted y-pipe, because there are no O2 bungs and you have to get rid of your rear O2's.

Midnight Blue
    99' Trans Am

I got the catless y pipe. It came with gaskets and extensions. I had to buy the o2 sims separate.

CamaroKillZ28
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOW346
    No..........I just bought the GMMG a few weeks ago. The I pipe and over the axle pipe ARE included. Could you imagine $700 for just a muffler and no catback! If you look at the quote you took from gmmg, it lists a 3" intermediate pipe as being included. You can only buy the GMMG from GMMG, and it's $700 w/standard tips and $850 w/premium tips. I also bought the pacesetters and catted y-pipe, and found the best price to be from TSP for $700, or $500 for the LT's with offroad pipe.
    Alright man you got me, I was wrong...I cant see paying that much for exhaust...

Midnight Blue
    99' Trans Am

You can get a magnaflow catback for around $370. It flows good and sounds awesome with LTs.

Thread Information