black
    1999 trans am ws6 a4

best headers for the price

my car has an slp loudmouth 2 on and i want to get a set of headers but for the right price how do u guys like the pace setters is there a real hp gain and feel in ur seat I heard qtp headers are the best but i really dont want to drop 800 plus down so whats the best header for the money thanks

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

I like the SLP's because they fit right, no problems getting them in and they look great.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Mystic Teal Metallic:320c
    1998 Camaro Z/28

hooker longtubes fit very well atleast the comps do idk about the super comps

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

a lot of people have had great success with the e-bay stainless steel headers.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Whatever brand you choose get headers with a thick flange so you do not have any leaks down the road from warpage. Cheap headers will only give you problems later on. Just because you pay alot does not mean you will get alot. Look for rewiews, guarantees and user feedback.

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    a lot of people have had great success with the e-bay stainless steel headers.
    I went with the OBX stainless steel with the resonators and Y-pipe on eBay for a little over $500, thay also come with high flow cats for a few more$...I was very impressed with the fab work on them, thay have awesome ground clearence, and great sound...from what I have seen the SLP's drag the ground alot! With the money saved I got some more parts I wanted! Did alot of reading on them from many different forms some hate them because their knockoffs of kooks (more than 1/2 the price less) and some love them..I likey! Just make sure what ever you choose you buy new factory gaskets...The more you spend don't always get you quality...

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

i got the ebay headers from dnamotoring....cost $160.......the fit great...excellent ground clearance

white
    2001 Z28

I have kooks headers on mine. They fit great and i have had no issues with them.
    2001 Camaro Z28 - AFR210 V2 Heads, JPH Cam, Fast 102mm intake, TS 100mm MAF, NW 102 TB, FTP 104mm lid, kooks 1 3/4 Long tubes, custom Y pipe w/dump, BMR LCA,TQ. Arm,PH bar, lca bracket,k member, Upper/Lower A arms, AFCO shocks
    11.20@120MPH
    459 RWHP and 410 RWTQ

2009 Stryker Blue Pontiac G8 GT

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I picked up Pacesetters on Craigslist for $150. Slid right in. No jacking, cutting, unbolting. Never scraped them once since. The LM1 catback slid right into place. I got the Pacesettter off road y. Perfect fit. So easy. The only problem I have/had was breaking bolts in the head. Cause I am a gorilla/idiot.

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

I went with the Texas Speed. Still waiting on a chance to put them on, maybe this weekend.

black
    1999 trans am ws6 a4

do the pacesetter seem to give u alot power????

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by blackcar View Post
    I went with the Texas Speed. Still waiting on a chance to put them on, maybe this weekend.

good luck. i'm still working on mine. i don't get a lot of time to work on the car but it's a pain in the ass. i had to pull the alternator and the motor mount to get the driver side in and i pulled the motor mount and the starter on the passenger side but still can't get that side in. bought a new jack the other day to get me up to 23 3/4" (from the 17-18" that i'im at now). i have had to jack the engine up quite a bit with the motor mounts out of the car in order to get the driver side in place. it hasn't been easy. so far i love the price, quality, and the look of my 1 3/4" texas speed headers...but the installation is god awful although others have not had half the trouble that i've been having with the same headers.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

eBay headers or pacesetter. $800+ for headers is just crazy!

Mike/jiveass. What Y pipe did you use for your LTs?

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    good luck. i'm still working on mine. i don't get a lot of time to work on the car but it's a pain in the ass. i had to pull the alternator and the motor mount to get the driver side in and i pulled the motor mount and the starter on the passenger side but still can't get that side in. bought a new jack the other day to get me up to 23 3/4" (from the 17-18" that i'im at now). i have had to jack the engine up quite a bit with the motor mounts out of the car in order to get the driver side in place. it hasn't been easy. so far i love the price, quality, and the look of my 1 3/4" texas speed headers...but the installation is god awful although others have not had half the trouble that i've been having with the same headers.
    Oh man Andrew. I feel your pain! I got the Texas Speed 1 7/8" long tubes for my 02 WS.6. I was lucky that I already had 4 ton jack stands and a good floor jack. I didn't have any problems getting the passenger side in. But for the drivers side I to unbolt the lower steering shaft and remove the alternator. I had to raise the jack stand to their highest point possible and then raise the engine as high as it would go before I could get the drivers side to go.

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

The Texas Speed long tube headers are strong, and a pretty good price. But they are an ordeal to get in.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    eBay headers or pacesetter. $800+ for headers is just crazy!

Mike/jiveass. What Y pipe did you use for your LTs?
    muffler shop made my y pipe....$100.....only downside is you have to cut it if you ever need to pull your engine...but still worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by riceeaterws6 View Post
    do the pacesetter seem to give u alot power????
    There is little or no difference in power between manufacturers of long tube headers.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Got them on buttoned up and around the block. My negative battery terminaol melted clean off the battery! What could cause this? Never seen an alternator do that...grounds are all good what the shit.
    1999 Z/28

M6 w/ Hurst shifter and SLP skip shift eliminator, drilled rotors, Y3F package, SLP lid w/ K&N filter, VFN fiberglass 2" cowl hood, TSP 1 3/4" headers & ORY

Thread Information