arctic white
    1999 trans am

bearing in pulley sqeeking?

there is an insanely loud squeek coming from the top right pulley on my belt. the guy at the car place said it was the bearing, bout 1oo sumthin to fix it. anyone know where i can get one myself and replace it myself...how to...thx

Passenger side, main drive belt pulley? Believe GM PN is 12560344 - List at dealer is $87, but plugged it into gmpartsdirect and you can get it for $50 plus shipping. Looks easy to replace, release belt, two bolts.

arctic white
    1999 trans am

no, its drivers side....

Not sure what you're talking about now - the one just below and to the left of the power steering w/only one bolt?

67 Camaro 79 TA 02 WS6 TA

I'm not sure of the pulley that your talking about. Just loosen the bolt, then take off the belt and the pulley and see if there is a bearing pressed in the pulley. If there is, try to knock out the bearing (just tap the socket with the hammer) from the back side with a socket that is the same size as the OD of the bearing (so it comes out evenly and doesn't mess up the pulley) . Once the bearing is out, look on the face of the Bearing. There should be some numbers. example ( 6_ _ _ -2RSC/3 ) . Then call your local Bearing & P.T house and give them this #. Make sure you tell them you want the ( 2RSC/3 ). That means its sealed on both sides and has a larger internal clearance than a standard bearing. Then, clean the inside of the pulley with some scotch brite pad. Clean and lubricate the pulley. Then, do the same method of removal on the installation. Line up the bearing on the pulley even ,then place the socket ( with the same od as the Bearing ) on the od of the bearing and gentle tap the bearing back into the pulley. Then, re-assemble. If you have any questions or cant find the bearing just P.M me. I sell bearings For Allied Bearing & Supply Inc. This should save you that $ 100 Bucks !!!

Thread Information