Out in the garage...

Sebring Silver
    2000 Camaro SS (R.I.P.)

Bassanni ORY - need anything else?

Since my funds are extremely limited, I'm thinking about a Bassanni ORY to get rid of my cats. If anyone can recommend a decent set of headers and ORY for a decent price I'll consider it as well. My SES light is on and throwing a code for an O2 sensor; this is my excuse to kill the cats and EGR crap! Other than O2 sims, what else needs to be purchased to complete the install?
    -- J. Bennett
    1999 NBM Camaro SS #4312
    SLP lid w/ K&N, Delphi/Lucas 42lb injectors, Pacesetter coated LTs, ORY w/ dual cutouts, Magnaflow exhaust, Spec 2+ clutch, Strange 12 bolt, Detroit Truetrac 3.73 gears, BMR adj torque arm, BMR SFCs, BMR LCAs, BMR adj panhard rod, 18" chrome ZO6 wheels

Out in the garage...

Sebring Silver
    2000 Camaro SS (R.I.P.)

TTT

Anyone??????

Pacesetters uncoated w/ory is a little over 400.00. coated w/ory is close to 500.00. I dont know what you're paying for the bassani but Pacesetters is a good set of headers for the price. Speed Engineering can help you out.

Jesus died to save you! Killer_bluebird's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

I got a used bassani Y-pipe on my car because God willing I'm planning going turbo next year and it would be a waste to spend 500+ on a good set of headers and take them out next year. I'm very happy with mine it went in pretty easy although it helps to have a second pair of hands as getting the passenger side section can be a bit of a pain. Also you will need to play around with it to avoid any clunking in the floorboard or vibrations especially if you have a DS loop. But fitment is pretty good. It also weigths about 20-30 pounds less than the stock Y&cats combo. Stock cats are heavy. As far as needing anything you'll need 2 exhaust gaskets (manifold to Cat converter) the passenger you should be able to get anywhere the driver's side is an odd shape one and you'll probably need to order it. I got mine at advance auto parts. The got it for me the next day.The only other place that could get it was the dealer and that would have taken 3 days. You'll aslo need to o2 bung plugs as the Ypipe still has rear o2 bungs wellded in it. I'm not sure why but you can use the bungs later on to plug in a wideband o2 sensor. Last but not least I also gained a few ponies. I'm attaching my Dyno sheet along, if you want I can email you a couple zipped sound clips of it with my Borlamouth.

By the way I would not recommend an steel uncoated long tube header unless this was a budget racecar and you do not care what it will look like in a couple months. The paint will burn up in a matter of months. Go with a coated one like the pacesetters or any of the stainless steel designs. Stay away from SLP Headers.

I got mine used for less than $200 shipped. New they go for $300+shipping.
    Last edited by Killer_bluebird; 08-18-2005 at 07:34 PM.
    2000 NBM Camaro Z28
    Mods:
    SLP Lid & K&N, AHR Headers + 3" catted Y and Mangaflow, !EGR, !AIR, BMR CM STB, ST Front 35mm and Hellwig Adj. Rear 22mm Swaybar, Adj. Rod/Rod PHB, Koni SA's, Ground Control Springs & Adj. Ride height, and HPTuners.

Out in the garage...

Sebring Silver
    2000 Camaro SS (R.I.P.)

Thanks Killer!!

Did you plug your O2 bungs or are you still running the sensors? BTW, I found one new for $245. I'll settle for a used one in good shape though. I'm not too picky. Less than $200 shipped is awesome.

Jesus died to save you! Killer_bluebird's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

I'm still using the sensors to plug the hole. There is an exhaust shop by me that is going to get the plugs for me because usually o2 bungs come with them and they usually throw them out. Just my luck the last batch he got didn't have them. Mine was used but it is in excelent shape (the stainless bassani use is better than what GM used for the stock exhaust). I saw one in one of the boards for $200 shipped 3 or 4 months ago. Unfortunatelly I didn't have the cash then. But fortunatelly I ended getting mine from ebay . I ended up getting the Y+Borlamouth delivered for less than a pair or cheap uncoated headers + delivery ($457.5).

Thread Information