Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bassani Headers

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

Bassani Headers

Hey everyone I am new to this site. I just got a 1998 TransAm t-top. Its a black one with the ram-air and about 50,000 miles on it all stock from what I can see. Only thing I noticed is that there is no WS-6 emblem on the back of the car so I am not sure why that would be.

This is going to be a car I drive 5 days per week about so I dont want to do any serious or illegal mods to it. I was looking at getting the Bassani Headers from LMperformance.com along with their y-pipe with cats and an SLP exhaust. Anyone have any thoughts about this setup? The stock exhaust is horrible especially the midpipes they are small and oval shaped. I was also looking at the SLP airlid. Do I need the entire flowpac or just the airlid and filter? Any other boltons I can do that will help free some ponies and gas mileage? BBK 80mm throttle body? Smooth bellow?

Thanks for any help.

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air

well ws6 emblem...if it is a true ws6 it will say it on the door sticker

is it a auto or manual?

i wont go w slp if you do lt for a dd cause it gets loud and raspy

I liked it when i had my lt but i not have cats but i changed it after stall cause it was was to loud on my dd...

u could do a ls6 intake, ported and polished throttle body, lid, gear(not sure if thats considered boltons)

as far as not illegal check with your state rules

hope that helps
    #148,LS6 intake, pp tb, SLP Lid, SLP maf, OBX LT into Y, Hooker, 4K Circle D Stall, 3.73 richmond gears, Performabuilt Lvl 2, tranny cooler, 228 texas with supporting mods and tune by Frost, Dyno: 365rwhp & 343rwtq

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

Oh ok ill check the door tonight. Its an automatic. I was thinking about the quieter slp powerflo exhaust or the loudmouth but with a regular muffler instead of the bullet. I saw that the Bassani headers are street legal and seem to be a midlength design which looks good but I am not sure if they are. I would get them with their y-pipe w/cats.

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

If your car is a true WS6 you should only have to put a lid on it. If its not you might want the entire cold air induction. IMO I would do long tubes instead of mids.

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

damm i was gonna check the door but i forgot. o well it was probably too dark out anyway ill check tomorrow. i wish i could get an actual pic of these bassani's. all i see are generic pictures. some sites have them listed under longtubes and others under shorties but with the same part numbers. wierd huh.

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

the car definetly has a real ram air kit on it. theres an aluminum looking box with a pretty big opening in it and if i look inside i can see the filter. im just hesitant because there was no WS6 emblem on it. im so curious that im almost ready to start measuring the thickness of the sway bars. I would be pissed if i got ripped off and this car wasnt a true WS6. It def looks real though and even has the correct wheels.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Basanni headers are midlegnths and I'd skip em. Get some long tubes. Slp lid is good mod. Skip the smooth bellows as well.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Also a 98 WS6 will only have a single driverside exhaust tip. (if it's stock)

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

the exhaust is one thing i cant go by because it was redone before i bought it so it is duals now but its a stock type system.... nothing performance about it.

silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by WS6ICK2K View Post
    If your car is a true WS6 you should only have to put a lid on it. If its not you might want the entire cold air induction. IMO I would do long tubes instead of mids.
    if you car is a true WS6 why only a lid?

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

All any 01/02 car needs for the intake is a lid.

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

as far as headers go in the LS1 world you have to basic options

Pacesetter (very good quality for an excellent price *ceramic coating is a must however*)

Kooks (second to none, and stainless steel for the longevity factor although if you only summer drive your car it doesn't really matter anyway) although you pay top $$$ for them.

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

oh ok cool thanks. what about the BBK 80mm TB? any use in getting that? i know when i did the bolt-ons on my dakota 5.9 r/t the throttle body definetly helped things a bit compared to stock.

on a side note, i checked the sticker on my car door where it had a list of codes for the car under "service parts identification" and it had WS6 on there so i guess its a real ram air car so im happy about that. However it also had WS9 right after that and isnt WS9 "formula"? why would this be there?

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

nevermind about the WS9 i just read up on it and saw that all trans ams have this. Still have the question about the throttle body though lol.

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

you dont really need a 80mm bbk throttle body, just get your stock one ported it'all support most of your mods.
    SLP LT's, SLP High Flow Cats, 3" Flowmaster CB, Comp Cam, SLP Lid, LS6 Intake, BBK 80mm TB, SFC, Ram Air HO Hood, Lowered, Torq Thrust II's

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by blk_jaws View Post
    you dont really need a 80mm bbk throttle body, just get your stock one ported it'all support most of your mods.
    oh ok cause i found one on a website for only $244 which seems pretty cheap for a throttle body but ill prob hold off on that unless i really need it in the future.

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

the stock throttle body is 75mm and the bbk is 80mm so there isnt much difference. I have the bbk but it was on the car when I bought it. If it had'nt been I would have just ported and polished my stocker. They are good untill you start getting up in the really high horsepower numbers.

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

Use that $224 for something else that will be more worthwhile to you

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by blk_jaws View Post
    Use that $224 for something else that will be more worthwhile to you
    thanks man. im prob just gonna end up doing the full exhaust from headers to tailpipe and then the slp airlid with the better filter. its almost a daily driver after all so im sure those mods will get me a nice sound and better gas mileage.

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

i got the slp loudmouth, and yeah its loud. but then again wouldnt u want ricers to know ur coming to destroy them before they see u.

Thread Information