Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basic bolt-ons

Black
    99 Camaro SS

Basic bolt-ons

I have a Black 99 Camaro SS M6 and I am making a list of mods to buy in a couple months for when i get back from deployment. I already have SFCs, PB, STB, LCAs, pro 5.0 w/ lou's short stick, cags skip shift eliminator and Hooker catback. Everything else is stock. What other bolt-ons can i buy, besides the FAST intake/TB (later on) to get more power. I would prefer "hp to money" mods.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by SH1ZN1T View Post
    I have a Black 99 Camaro SS M6 and I am making a list of mods to buy in a couple months for when i get back from deployment. I already have SFCs, PB, STB, LCAs, pro 5.0 w/ lou's short stick, cags skip shift eliminator and Hooker catback. Everything else is stock. What other bolt-ons can i buy, besides the FAST intake/TB (later on) to get more power. I would prefer "hp to money" mods.
    I would do in this order:

SFC
    STB
    Air Lid
    Headers (Long tubes)
    ORYP (Off road y-pipe)
    Magnaflow Catback
    Pro 5.0
    Frost mail order tune

That should add a good deal of power and make the car more rigid. Thanks for serving

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Frost tune will eliminate the Skip shift, turn your fans on sooner, Tune the car for better performance and remove the speed limiter. Also will delete your rear O2's for the ORYP

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

worth while mods, ebay headers, ory or catted, frost tune and you should pick up noticable power from just those mods.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Ok, I'm retarded (Because I'm tired) Missed what you already have
    I've revised my list in order.

Lid
    LTs
    ORYP
    UD Pulley
    Ported and polished TB
    Free Mods
    Frost Tune

Black
    99 Camaro SS

My car is registered in VA so I can't do the ORY. I forgot to put that I already have the Clear Lid from Ws6store on my list.
    I don't want to do Headers yet; not until next deployment when i buy heads, cam and Moser 12'' with 3.73 and the 92/92 fast intake/TB

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Then all you really can do it P&P Throttle body, UD Pulley, free mods, Fast Toys Ram air and a Frost tune.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Then all you really can do it P&P Throttle body, UD Pulley, free mods, Fast Toys Ram air and a Frost tune.
    ehh p&p tb is soo soo...it wont do much..especially considering he will be getting a new one as he will be going h/c/i ..i'd save the money

98' trans am

My car is registered in VA so I can't do the ORY. I forgot to put that I already have the Clear Lid from Ws6store on my list.
    I don't want to do Headers yet; not until next deployment when i buy heads, cam and Moser 12'' with 3.73 and the 92/92 fast intake/TB
    just to let you know...if you really want that 92/92 fast..you better buy it right now...they are discontinued ...they only offer the 102 lsxr ..but with a h/c you will like the 102 much more.

98' trans am

id say look into your suspension more.......some koni/stranos with new strano or umi sway bars ...maybe get into a lightweight K member by umi too

on top of that you will want to get some tires/rims that will be able to handle your h/c build ...just something to think about......i have been building up my car for a h/c/i build..i just need a stall....ps when my rims come in next week i will add that to the list Torq thrust M 17x9.5, 17x10.5 with 275 nitto 555s and nitto 555R 315 DRs
    Last edited by shady milkman; 05-14-2010 at 04:44 AM.
    mods- suncoast creations hood with functional lt1 style airbox, ls6 intake, QTP longtube headers, QTP ORY, UMI SFC, Adj. LCA with relo brackets, UMI adj. panhard bar, Koni SA and strano springs,Torq Thrust M 17s 9.5 and 10.5 with nitto 555Rs, tuned by Frost
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    sometimes you get owned, sometimes you own.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    id say look into your suspension more.......some koni/stranos with new strano or umi sway bars ...maybe get into a lightweight K member by umi too

on top of that you will want to get some tires/rims that will be able to handle your h/c build ...just something to think about......i have been building up my car for a h/c/i build..i just need a stall....ps when my rims come in next week i will add that to the list Torq thrust M 17x9.5, 17x10.5 with 275 nitto 555s and nitto 555R 315 DRs
    +1 to this if you dont want to get headers and the like do shock's and springs. the koni/strano set up is #1 imo. but the u/d pully is a good way to go with free mods and a tune from frost is going to give you the most from the parts you have now. when you get back send it to him and by the time you get the rest of you parts on it should be back.

Black
    99 Camaro SS

the thing is about getting a tune from Frost is that it's my DD. There is VA Speed nearby that does that sorta thing. i'm sure it's nothing compared to a Frost tune.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Frost is in Richmond VA, he might be do you in person...

Also a member/sponsor
    http://www.tunedbyfrost.com/001.htm

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    ehh p&p tb is soo soo...it wont do much..especially considering he will be getting a new one as he will be going h/c/i ..i'd save the money
    I meant he could do it himself but your right, if he is getting a new one why waste his time. I have to agree with everyone else if you are hell bent on your H/C/I next deployment, got with suspension to back it up. Power is good, but only if you can get it to the ground.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Frost is in Richmond VA, he might be do you in person...

Also a member/sponsor
    http://www.tunedbyfrost.com/001.htm
    Ohhh sexy j/k

Black
    99 Camaro SS

Once i get my mods installed I will definitely head up that way. Is he open on weekends?

Black
    99 Camaro SS

I was looking at the Speedinc.com website and I saw their price for the 92mm FAST intake with the Hard Head 92mm TB for $1139 and decided to go ahead and get that. What kind of power should I expect from all these mods?

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

I was looking at the Speedinc.com website and I saw their price for the 92mm FAST intake with the Hard Head 92mm TB for $1139 and decided to go ahead and get that. What kind of power should I expect from all these mods?
    i would say 15 to 20 hp and get a tune to get all of the gains you can.

98' trans am

you will be dissapointed with your purchase ....the intake is a supporting mod.....so it isnt something you are going to bolt on to a stockish 346 and see huge gains ......our stock intakes are too good .........however when you do go h/c ...that intake will help that cam and heads shine..........i still would have went with a pair of long tubes imho

Black
    99 Camaro SS

I know that I won't expect much from the intake with minimal bolt-ons. I don't plan on doing the major mods - LTs, ORY, heads, cam, 12 bolt - until I get back from my next deployment. I'll make a lot more money also! I'll possibly go with a Procharger!!

Thread Information