Thread: Back pressure?

red
    1998 Z28

Back pressure?

ok so here what im thinkin im looking into a set of lt's i picked pacesetter for the best bang for my buck but my question really comes in with the cats...i wanna run a ory into my slp lm1 i know this has been done before but i was wondering if this would cause a lose in to much back pressure? as im sure u guys know a lose in to much back pressure can almost be parisitic and i want to know if ill be crossing that line?

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by AB'sLs1 View Post
    ok so here what im thinkin im looking into a set of lt's i picked pacesetter for the best bang for my buck but my question really comes in with the cats...i wanna run a ory into my slp lm1 i know this has been done before but i was wondering if this would cause a lose in to much back pressure? as im sure u guys know a lose in to much back pressure can almost be parisitic and i want to know if ill be crossing that line?
    About the 100th time I posted this link:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81972

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Its very well explained, ive been telling people for years you dont lose any torque by running the exhuast i have and on my other camaro's but people still have there doubts. Hell, even the differential shop that is well known, everytime they look at my exhuast cut out they say i cant believe you did that your losing torque and they dont give you any power.

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

How so very true................when I had my SS dyno tuned, I actually picked up 13 ft/lbs of torque at the rear wheels, all across the graph, with my cut out open

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I have a friend of mine that put on a exhuast cut out on his T/A and swore he lost power. I told him put cap on your exhuast cut out and im gonna sit next to you while your drive. I did this because i got tired of his complaining and has no clue as to what he is talking about. His driving style was if i remember correctly he wouldnt punch it off the line but around 2000-2300 Rpm's he would kinda tap it or accelerate hard for a couple of seconds and then pull back just to feel the car a bit but wouldnt do it all the time.

Well he did the same thing with the cut out open and i explained to him you DO NOT lose power Torque or Horsepower but it gets transfered higher in the RPM's so if you were a bit higher in the rpms range with the style of driving your use to it would feel the same if not faster. Now i dont know and cant comfirm how much higher or what RPM's exactly but through the years of doing this and reading up its definitly a benefit to have a low restrictive exhuast and there is no such thing as you have to have some backpressure. In the end i think its preference as well because with a low restrictive exhuast especially the cut out the car drives different and really depends on the driving style of the person wether they like it or not and ofcourse how loud they want there exhuast to be. Either way good link fxgs

red
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    About the 100th time I posted this link:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81972
    hey thanks that was really helpful sry if this question was already asked didnt mean to be a bother... thanks again tho

just wanted to make sure i didnt spend my money on something that would end up losing power for me... still wondering if the lt's ory and lm1 is going to be to loud its hard to tell over soundclips and what not

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by AB'sLs1 View Post
    hey thanks that was really helpful sry if this question was already asked didnt mean to be a bother... thanks again tho

just wanted to make sure i didnt spend my money on something that would end up losing power for me... still wondering if the lt's ory and lm1 is going to be to loud its hard to tell over soundclips and what not
    You're not a bother........we're here to help each other.................you can use the "search" at the top of the page if you're seeking specific info......but don't think you're a bother if you have to ask

Notice you're in Litiz..........there's a # of car shows in the immediate area, bring yours out, it's a great way to meet other car buffs

red
    1998 Z28

You're not a bother........we're here to help each other.................you can use the "search" at the top of the page if you're seeking specific info......but don't think you're a bother if you have to ask

Notice you're in Litiz..........there's a # of car shows in the immediate area, bring yours out, it's a great way to meet other car buffs
    thanks again.

i go to alot of the shows in the area ( super chevy at maple grove is my personal favorite) but idk if ill ever show mine... i love my car but i dont like it when people look at my flaws. i actually race at maple alot just went last weekend ran a 13.5 pretty pleased.

but anyways i dont mean to make this another "whats the best exhaust" thread but do u think this system would sound good or just alot of rasp and unnessicary noise? its just nice to be reassured or informed

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

It really gets down to personal opinion, but I think you'll be pleased

As far as the car shows I go to, I go not so much to "show" my car but rather for the comaraderie and the opportunity to meet new people (especially the f-body crowd). I've met a nice group of people this way and we usually wind up going to the same shows and parking together.
    To me, that's what it's all about..........I could care less about what people think about my car.

There's a show this Saturday (May 2) in Fredericksburg that I'm contemplating going to

red
    1998 Z28

It really gets down to personal opinion, but I think you'll be pleased

As far as the car shows I go to, I go not so much to "show" my car but rather for the comaraderie and the opportunity to meet new people (especially the f-body crowd). I've met a nice group of people this way and we usually wind up going to the same shows and parking together.
    To me, that's what it's all about..........I could care less about what people think about my car.

There's a show this Saturday (May 2) in Fredericksburg that I'm contemplating going to
    i sent u a pm let me know more about the show thanks alot

Thread Information