Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

anyone with loudmouth/loudmouth 2......

hey everyone... for whoever has the slp loudmouth on their car and hasnt modified it in any way, how much clearance is there around the small muffler? i got the system recently but i want to replace the round 4" diameter slp resonator with a round 6" diameter dynomax ultraflo muffler. The dynomax is 2" wider overall but obviously 1" wider in radius so is there at least 1½-2" of space all around your slp muffler to work with?

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Siciliano15 View Post
    hey everyone... for whoever has the slp loudmouth on their car and hasnt modified it in any way, how much clearance is there around the small muffler? i got the system recently but i want to replace the round 4" diameter slp resonator with a round 6" diameter dynomax ultraflo muffler. The dynomax is 2" wider overall but obviously 1" wider in radius so is there at least 1½-2" of space all around your slp muffler to work with?
    if you have not lowered your car it should be fine as soon as the rain stops where I am I will run out and try to get a picture for you I have the lm1 as my only exhaust mod for now.

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

ah if its too much trouble dont worry about it man. but if not then thanks very much.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

not to hijack or anything, but when i had my trans am the resonator actually rubbed a little against the driveshaft. It never did it while it was moving or spinning (no marks on driveshaft) but only when it was in neutral. Any1 else have this issue?

Mexican-American Muscle
    grabbed the first thing i saw to compare

hope that helps man

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 02blackbirdws6 View Post
    grabbed the first thing i saw to compare
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    hope that helps man
    Wat kind of bullet is that exactly, it doesnt look like my LM1 resonator?

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

that def helps..... thanks very much. i dont think im gonna be able to fit the dynomax 6" round in there after all cause it looks like it will hang too low. prob gonna have to go for the magnaflow 5" round muffler. that should work.

Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

that def helps..... thanks very much. i dont think im gonna be able to fit the dynomax 6" round in there after all cause it looks like it will hang too low. prob gonna have to go for the magnaflow 5" round muffler. that should work.
    i have the LM1, and had a similar issue to rajiv1998. i assembled it incorrectly (the pipe directly after the y-pipe but before the muffle) wasnt oriented properly, and when i would go over bumps or around tight turns, the suspension would compress and i could hear the muffler rub the driveshaft. there were marks to prove it too. i would think adding another inch might cause more of a problem there. i have ZERO problems with ground clearance due to the catback.

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by grouch0jr View Post
    i have the LM1, and had a similar issue to rajiv1998. i assembled it incorrectly (the pipe directly after the y-pipe but before the muffle) wasnt oriented properly, and when i would go over bumps or around tight turns, the suspension would compress and i could hear the muffler rub the driveshaft. there were marks to prove it too. i would think adding another inch might cause more of a problem there. i have ZERO problems with ground clearance due to the catback.
    dammm. im gonna have to think about this now. if the magnaflow wont fit i might have to go for the 23" long dynomax bullet but i really didnt want something that would be so loud.

Thread Information