White
    1998 Trans Am

American Racing LT Questions!

Hello,

I'm in Iraq right now and can't get on to their site for info about their headers. I need to know if they come from LMP with or without EGR and whether or not they come with any hardware or accessories.

What I will NEED (extension sizes included) to install. e.g. hangers, or anything else that will need to be purchased BEFORE the install so I can move through the install. Its my only vehicle and I'm going to have to pay for pretty limited shop time.

Any info you have on what I will need will be greatly appreciated.

Semper!

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Kill98 View Post
    Hello,

I'm in Iraq right now and can't get on to their site for info about their headers. I need to know if they come from LMP with or without EGR and whether or not they come with any hardware or accessories.

What I will NEED (extension sizes included) to install. e.g. hangers, or anything else that will need to be purchased BEFORE the install so I can move through the install. Its my only vehicle and I'm going to have to pay for pretty limited shop time.

Any info you have on what I will need will be greatly appreciated.

Semper!
    E.G. Hanger?

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

E.G. = example given.

He wants to know about any extraneous BS that would require him to run all over town looking for it, so he can get it up front and spare the hassle.

God Bless our Troops

White
    1998 Trans Am

as in "example"

I need to know if I will need extra hangers for the Y, whether or not they come with 02 bungs on the Y, whether or not they have EGR provisions.

I hate to come here with questions but I can't find a site with real info on them because as I said their site won't load for me here!

Thanks for the help!

White
    1998 Trans Am

No one knows whether the headers LMP offers has or doesn't have EGR provisons or what length O2 extensions I'll need?

Matt

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6// LS6

I got my ARH's for New Era Performance not LMP, they had the best price. I was also very impressed, they called me the next day just to make sure they had my order right. I got the street legal version ones, Catted Y-pipe, Air injection, EGR, and they came with O2 extensions. They also came with clamps, and gaskets. The only thing I had to reuse was the bolts that came off the stock manifolds, the flanges are the same size so that works perfect. They only thing you might need is a conversion pipe to attach it to your cat-back system.

BTW their Header kit fits perfect and you'll have a ton of ground clearance

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

Steve82ta what was your HP and TQ gain?? with tune and without..

Black
    99 Camaro

We generally see 15-20 rwhp with catted y-pipe before tuning , and 20-25 rwhp with tuning . O/R ypipe will net you around another 3-4 rwhp with a bolt on car , and probably 5-8 on a cam/head power adder car . The ARH cats are the highest flowing I have seen , the only system that will trip the cat code almost imediately on most cars we have installed them on because they are so high flow . Make sure your tuner turns off the codes or you will most likely be back if you are using these headers because these cats are close to not having cats !!

Mike
    www.neweraperformanceparts.com
    sales@neweraperformanceparts.com
    585-865-1832

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

Right on man..

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6// LS6

WARP211,

Sorry I don't have any before or after dyno number for you, I put the headers on while doing the Caddy LS6 Engine swap, Its cake to do with the engine out of the car.

I still need to get the car tuned, haven't had a chance to get around to it so I can't help you out with numbers there. Althought the car runs fine with the stock tune, although Im sure it could perform a lot better.

Plus like I said I went from a stock engine to the 405 Hp Z06 motor, added the ls6 intake, along with the American Racing headers.

Mike is also correct about their high flow cats. They Will trip your catalyst efficency monitor and set the check engine light eventually. I've talked already New Era about it, and they suggested I get it tuned.

Not to hijack this thread but, Mike can you guys at New Era perform a tune without the car, IE me sending you the PCM for a couple of days? My setup isn't too radical, Ls6 engine from intake to pan, its the +02 one, so it has the biggger camshaft, and like I said I added the ARH's. My T/A currently has the stock '98 tune in it.

Steve

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

Right on steve83ta.. for the info...

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

does anyone know the power gains from a y-setup with headers and full exhust .. let say ARH Headers and Y-pipe with cat back(20-25HP)... compared to a True dual exhust.. Whats the power gain difference.. Same Headers just different setup.. going from a Y-setup to a True dual.. like what 5-10hp difference..

Black
    99 Camaro

Sorry , I don't do mail order tuning , gotta bring it up here man .

Here is a true dyno graph before and after results we did on a completely stock 02 SS with an auto transmission . All testing done within 24 hours .

Run 1 = Stock
    Run 2 = American Racing headers with high flow cats installed
    Run 4 = Custom tuned by me on the dyno (the graph cut out for a split second from the rpm pick up , but you can see the results)

Mike
    www.neweraperformanceparts.com
    sales@neweraperformanceparts.com
    585-865-1832

White
    1998 Trans Am

Mike,

Do your ARH headers with ORY come with EGR fittings? Or are they full race style?

I also saw that supposedly they are sent out with 02 extensions and gaskets?

Thanks

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

They ARH Headers I have are the 98-99 style with the all the EGR fittings, with all the o2 extensions, brackets, gaskets and bolts, with the ORY. the ground clearance is superb and the fitment quality is exellent, i would recommend them to anyone.
    I just ordered the Header and the ORY pipe and everything else was included with it, i did not need to purchase anything extra.

One of these days il get it on the dyno and post the results.
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Black
    99 Camaro

You can get them with or without , you just need to specify this when you order them . They come with everything you need for complete installation .

Mike

White
    1998 Trans Am

Also what is this about possibly needing a conversion pipe to connect to catback? I have magnaflow and if I end up buying a new car will either go with magnaflow again or GMMG.

Thanks!

Black
    99 Camaro

Neither of those will have a problem connecting up directly , I have never had an issue with any aftermarket catbacks .

Mike

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6// LS6

[QUOTE=New Era Performance;1205837]Sorry , I don't do mail order tuning , gotta bring it up here man .

Yeah Mike thats what I thought, But I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Your a long way away from Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kill98 View Post
    Also what is this about possibly needing a conversion pipe to connect to catback? I have magnaflow and if I end up buying a new car will either go with magnaflow again or GMMG.

Thanks!
    I guess this must have been an isolated event for me. Like I said I have the ARH's long tube with the catted Y. (AND LOVE THEM, fit finish and ground clearance is like no other) The Catback on the car was not orginal. Its some piece of crap Flowmast system, that was on the car when I bought it, that I can't stand, and it wiill be gone when I get enough extra cash for the Corsa system.

Steve

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6// LS6

I know this this thread is old and I'm bringing it back from the dead, but anyone considering a long tube header set-up go with American Racing Headers, and I highly suggest getting them from the guys at New Era Performance they are great!

Like I said eairler in this thread I have their Long tube headers, with air injection and egr so I could retain emission legal status, because I live in one of "Those" states along with their high flow catted Y-Pipe.

Its been almost 7 years now that I have had this system on my Trans Am and I've never had an issue with them. Not one cracked weld no leaks, not a problem, not one!

Im mainly just updating this thread becuase of the cats. They are truely some of the highest flowing cats you can get for your car. You don't lose much if any hp or torque by using them.

The only thing I disagree on is tuning out the rear O2 sensors, Ive been running them for like I said 7 years and never once had a problem with catalyst efficiency, never once had a code. They were never tuned out. So I highly suggest them.

Thread Information