Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter
    99 Z/28

all nighter oh right!

just got out of work, off tomorrow me and a buddy of mine are gonna start installing my pacesetter lt's and tsp true dual/sweet thunder exhaust! got my ice chest full of xx's corona's and lone star ready to rock and roll! i've studied the header install sticky all week like an exam so here is the final! wish us luck lol

It has a big wing!

Quote Originally Posted by 28Marcos View Post
    just got out of work, off tomorrow me and a buddy of mine are gonna start installing my pacesetter lt's and tsp true dual/sweet thunder exhaust! got my ice chest full of xx's corona's and lone star ready to rock and roll! i've studied the header install sticky all week like an exam so here is the final! wish us luck lol
    Haha... I love it!

I'm about 2 1/2 hours down the road from you guys in Laredo... I'll bring a few brews and supervise! Just in case anyone gets lazy... jk

Good luck man! Take pics if possible!

silver
    2000 formula

the 1st time took me 3 days......i can do it with my eyes closed in 30 mins now

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Have fun, when you start to get pissed drink another beer to lighten the moodseriously
    Passenger side will be a sinch.

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

something to consider while your in there, plugs, wires and motor mounts? Glad i did mine when doing the headers, they were shot. Oh ya, 2 more things, bandaids and more beer

You've Seen The Butcher GoldenFlame's Avatar

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

You're gonna love those Sweet Thunders!

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Subscribed

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Throw up some pics of the install if you get a chance.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

I will never again repeat what I did for the first time.
    But now that I've done it, I can get everything in and out in 2 hours while taking breaks every 5 minutes

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Op must have gotten lost under the car.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

First time is always learning experience. You usually learn a lot of speed up techniques for any future header jobs. As long as you don't encounter seized up bolts anywhere, its generally not too bad of a job.

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    First time is always learning experience. You usually learn a lot of speed up techniques for any future header jobs. As long as you don't encounter seized up bolts anywhere, its generally not too bad of a job.
    exactly... the install itself is straight forward easy. Its the time consuming goof ups, (bolts breaking, wrenches falling under car, and having friends come over and offer to drink your beer, but dont actually lift a wrench!) Biggest hurdle is getting the old bolts off the manifold, once your passed that, you can breathe easy. Patience is the key here.
    Either the OP is too busy to reply cuz hes cruzing around or he has his hand wedged on the passenger side getting the last manifold bolt out and cant get out...

You've Seen The Butcher GoldenFlame's Avatar

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

Quote Originally Posted by razer900 View Post
    Biggest hurdle is getting the old bolts off the manifold, once your passed that, you can breathe easy.
    That's the truth. I think on my car someone had used threadlock on the Manifold Bolts, and the Spark Plugs because they were both a b**ch to get out and the threads had dried red crap on them, I had to have a long pipe on the end of my ratchet to break them loose.

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFlame View Post
    That's the truth. I think on my car someone had used threadlock on the Manifold Bolts, and the Spark Plugs because they were both a b**ch to get out and the threads had dried red crap on them, I had to have a long pipe on the end of my ratchet to break them loose.
    wow, thats scary. I was very lucky, 1/4" ratchet loosened all my bolts

red
    99 camaro

^^^ Me too. It took like 10 min to get all mani bolts off. But the y pipe thats a different story.

Pewter
    99 Z/28

i'll post pics soon

lol u guys r funny! I took lots of pics, i'll post them hopefully tomorrow! but while my mind is fresh here's what i remember cause I just finished like an hour ago lol
    Friday: after I posted the 1st post i started on the car at 11pm after i worked a double shift lol. Pulled that all nighter and finished with the header installation at 7am. made it through the night with enough beer plus 1 big ass can of jooze energy drink that tastes like crap! took a shower and went to work for some mandatory meeting, came home at 12pm slept till 4pm blah blah blah.
    as for the header install, i should have worn gloves, i know i scratched up the coating more than i needed, (it was an accident) To get the drivers side in, i had to loosen the driver motor mount almost off, then as I jacked up the motor inch by inch a buddy slid it in until it was in. passenger was a lot more simpler. i used gasket 12617944. taking the original y pipe and exhaust manifolds took about an hour, it took us so long because we were drinking, and reminising laughing the whole time lol.
    Saturday we started at around 7pm, connected all the engine bay stuff but after we had the passenger side complete i noticed the second plug back was not connected to the coil pack and had to take back off egr, some other thing near the compressor becuase when we put back the dipstick the wire was behind the bracket. then when we had it all back together we used the wrong bolt for the dipstick and everything had to come back off. this task took about 2 hours because we kept dropping the bolt. then the nuts, then the wrench then needed a beer run...
    next we put all the rest of the duals on but not secure because we got hungry it was 11pm by now and we wanted to hear the car and let it cool down by the time we got back from wing stop. SUPER LOUD! and i did giggle like a little girl ......
    we didn't plan on stopping there but we got shitfaced at wingstop so we stoped there and kept drinking.
    Sunday we resumed at 8pm finished at 2am (beer was still involved) but all we needed to do was drill the holes into the back seat area, flip the fuel lines, and tighten everything. took our time here. Honestly the lowest part of the exhaust is between the header and the x pipe. not sure i like that as i was anticipating the lowest part to be the thunders...i'll have to research it some more online... no codes have been thrown yet, i still have to reinstall my interior.
    as for the first drive...ok ur gonna laugh at this but this was the FIRST mod i have ever done to my car, a k-n filter doesn't count. so i didn't know what to expect. i still have the stock lid for crying out loud lol so at idle is tough. muscle car tough. when not on the gas coasting its quiet like nothing. but when i give it some gas its LOUD when I rev it its demonic! REDICULOUSLY LOUD it made my inner child cry lol i was on the highway and assumed i was going 70, felt like 70 but when i looked at my speedo i was rolling at 90! and i had to think if i messed with anything relating to the speedo lol but it had hell of a lot more giddy up! mainly at the upper rpms tho...i think it is too loud for my neighborhood, now out of respect for the street, i have to drive home at 5mph. its that loud in this tiny subdivision. i feel bad for them.. anyone know how much noise pollution tickets are?

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

glad everything went well

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

lol... My neighbor always complained as I would start er up at 5:30 and let it warm up for 5 minutes. I put some earplugs in one of those walgreens pharmacy bags and told him to take two and see if the problem goes away.

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    lol... My neighbor always complained as I would start er up at 5:30 and let it warm up for 5 minutes. I put some earplugs in one of those walgreens pharmacy bags and told him to take two and see if the problem goes away.
    yeh my neighbors would bitch too when I'd warm her up on early winter mornings, I solved that problem by giving her a bit of gas as I started it up a couple mornings in a row

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I only have one neighbor that seems to mine, but hasn't made any complaints yet to the HOA. Then again if the Asst. Chief of Police that also lives next to you and doesn't say anything, who cares? My other neighbor has a 64 Impala and it used to be the loudest in the division till I got my LT's on. I try not to make much noise, but once I get out to the main road, I open her up and I know everyone hears her. :

Thread Information