AIR pump removal questions.

For you guys that have installed headers and removed the AIR pump.

First,,,,I noticed both lines coming from the exhaust manifolds tee together at the rear of the intake. Using what looks like a vacuum operated switch. The small 1/8 inch vacuum line going to it appears to connect to another electric solenoid.
    Are you removing all this stuff? Or are you guys simply just removing the 2 big hoses and plugging off the vacuum line?

Second question,,,I also noticed that the SLP air lid on my car has approximately a 1 inch diameter hose coming from the lid and running down to the AIR pump. Since I am removing the pump I assume this hose to the lid also has to go. What are you guys doing about the hole left in the lid? I have to plug this with something. Anything factory I can use? Suggestions?
    Thanks in advance,,,Larry.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I got the air pump turned off at the tuner. I removed all of the hoses that were visible.

Pewter
    02 Z28

dont you need an air pump to pass the smog test?
    2002 Z28 Auto (3.23 gears)
    Mods
    Lid, UD pulley, Shift Kit, 160 Thermo, Y-pipe, Panhard, TB bypass, Bellow, K&N, Strut Brace, Flowmaster, weight reduction.

No smog checks where we live.

I can turn my pump off with HPtuners, thats no problem. Just wondering what people are doing with the solenoid junction at the rear of the intake, where both of the exhaust manifold tubes meet. Also wondering what people are doing with the hole that is left in the air lid.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post

First,,,,I noticed both lines coming from the exhaust manifolds tee together at the rear of the intake. Using what looks like a vacuum operated switch. The small 1/8 inch vacuum line going to it appears to connect to another electric solenoid.
    Are you removing all this stuff? Or are you guys simply just removing the 2 big hoses and plugging off the vacuum line?

Second question,,,I also noticed that the SLP air lid on my car has approximately a 1 inch diameter hose coming from the lid and running down to the AIR pump. Since I am removing the pump I assume this hose to the lid also has to go. What are you guys doing about the hole left in the lid? I have to plug this with something. Anything factory I can use? Suggestions?
    Thanks in advance,,,Larry.
    Its been a long time since I removed mine Larry, but I believe I pulled that all out, I know I didn't plug any vacuum lines.

I would check into a local hardware store and see if you can find a rubber grommet to fit the hole in the lid and seal the grommet with an epoxy or something.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Empatho View Post
    dont you need an air pump to pass the smog test?
    Of course I have a smog test, but they can't read codes that are turned off and my brother-in-law doesn't look for emissions equipment

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

I removed everything from mine although mine is a 98' so I don't have the vacuum line in the back or the hose going to the air lid. You will just need to plug both holes.... I said plug both holes

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

I removed the pump and all the tubing and fittings. The pump was the biggest bitch along side the passenger side connection to the manifold.

Thanks to all.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post

Are you removing all this stuff? Or are you guys simply just removing the 2 big hoses and plugging off the vacuum line?.
    i removed everything. it was a bitch and a half to remove the unit on the top back of the engine compt and i ended up ripping my hands up on those stupid plastic push screw things along the bottom of the windshield, then i just took the vacuum line and stuck it onto one of the screws for the coil pack. it fit perfect and no leaks. the car sounds a lot smoother when first started and at idle.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am

To plug the hole in my lid I used a nylon cap that I picked up at a hardware store. I believe the size was 3/4".

'02 Trans Am A4
    TSP 233/239 112LSA, Yank SS3600, Dynatech LTs, Hi-Flow Cats, SLP LM Catback, Ported TB, SLP Lid, K&N Filter, SLP SFCs, Dyno-Tune, M/T ET Streets, 3.73s

11.99 @ 113.9 mph w/ 1.666 60ft

Thread Information