Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

Air Lid/ Austin ssra kit ?s

does anyone know where i can find one of those clear air lids? also wondering if anyone has used the Austin super sucker ram air kit. couldn't bring myself to install a Pontiac hood on my Z28, and the Z hoods don't look much different. so i figured i could go with this kit and still get most of the ram air effect. any input on thiese ?sss would be great.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Link?

red
    2000 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by robcas47 View Post
    does anyone know where i can find one of those clear air lids? also wondering if anyone has used the Austin super sucker ram air kit. couldn't bring myself to install a Pontiac hood on my Z28, and the Z hoods don't look much different. so i figured i could go with this kit and still get most of the ram air effect. any input on thiese ?sss would be great.
    i just installed the ssra add on piece today. i originally just had the slp cold air induction then ordered the add on piece. i actually wanted to test to see how much more air went in. so i took the air filter out and put ur typical bedroom fan and place it right under my grill. i took the airlid off and turned the fan on. this was without the ssra addon. and barely felt any air(i barely felt anything from the top of cai where the lid was. prolly cuz its a weak ass fan. i imagine going 50+ or on the freeway where the air is rushing under ur car. but then i put the add on piece from the ssra and then put my hand at the same place where the airlid is and i could feel more air and a more consistent flow. so it def. gets that cold air up there. i imagine going on the freeway with all the air rushing that a lot more cold air will be rushing to ur engine. i ahvent drove it yet. cuz i just barely finished the install literally 15 mins ago.i imagine i wont feel a lot fo throttle response, but might see gains on the dyno or a higher trap speed at the track. after i drove it i will let u know if i felt a throttle difference

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

yup, like i've always said. the ssra is far superior to the slp peice. anyone out there in the market for a cai kit should seriously consider it.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Pics? Link?

red
    2000 Camaro

well i took the car out for a lil cruise and i def felt more uptop!!! the car seemed to pick up quick when downshifting from 4th to 2nd and from 3rd to 1st. i have my lca relocation brackets to put on to get some more traction, cuz my wheels seem to be spinning a little more. but yea it was about 60 degrees outside and its kinda nice knowing ur engine is getting the coldest air possible. two thumbs up for this product. i jsut have to watch out a little more when going over bumps and my steep driveway but it is well worth. i want to get my car dynoed now. o yea i took the air filter out as well no ihave no restritions at all. i even took out the maf screen. o man the car IS FINALLY BREATHING!!!

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by cruiSSin LS1 View Post
    well i took the car out for a lil cruise and i def felt more uptop!!! the car seemed to pick up quick when downshifting from 4th to 2nd and from 3rd to 1st. i have my lca relocation brackets to put on to get some more traction, cuz my wheels seem to be spinning a little more. but yea it was about 60 degrees outside and its kinda nice knowing ur engine is getting the coldest air possible. two thumbs up for this product. i jsut have to watch out a little more when going over bumps and my steep driveway but it is well worth. i want to get my car dynoed now. o yea i took the air filter out as well no ihave no restritions at all. i even took out the maf screen. o man the car IS FINALLY BREATHING!!!
    You are driving around with no filter?

Purple 95 Camaro
    Arctic White 02 T/A WS6

I just installed the austin ram air tonight on my car. Beforehand i had just the slp flowpac, so this piece fit right into it and screwed in just fine. It feels a little more responsive up top, i can hear a mild sucking of air when i rev it. I'd recommend it
    Last edited by noxside; 11-17-2007 at 07:04 PM.

red
    2000 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    You are driving around with no filter?
    i took the air filter out and cleaned it. while it was drying, i drove about 10 miles without the airfilter.

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

welli'm sold. i figured this would test out fine. is there any gap where the two peices join together? anyways. looks like it sits as low as the front deflector. well thanks for the input.

red
    2000 Camaro

welli'm sold. i figured this would test out fine. is there any gap where the two peices join together? anyways. looks like it sits as low as the front deflector. well thanks for the input.
    there is a gap. well there has to be one in between pieces cuz there is ur hood latch that needs to connect. what i did was with whatever gap was there, i just covered it with duct tape. meanwhile i gave more support up top with some tape. but i had the addon piece, but if u get the ssra as one it might b a li different but i imagine its about the same gap.

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

do they make a plug for the bottom or a plate for the top in case of rain? doesn't say in the details of the kit if something like that is included.

red
    2000 Camaro

do they make a plug for the bottom or a plate for the top in case of rain? doesn't say in the details of the kit if something like that is included.
    to tell u the truth i dunno. never crossed my mind cuz i never drive my car in the rain. hey, this is random but my cousin used to live in clarkesville, tn. my uncle was stationed out there. i have been there, seemed like a nice place

Purple 95 Camaro
    Arctic White 02 T/A WS6

Thumbs up

In rain you should be fine, i've seen pieces of plastic sold online somewhere that fit it, but you could always make something your self just to fit under the filter.

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

yeah clarksville is nice but can kinda be a ghost town when we all deploy. been stationed here since 02. anyways, a buddy of mine tells me there is a piece that can be bought but its kind of a pain to install because it screws down under the filtewr. i'll probably buy a case of beer for the guys in the sheet metal shop to make somethinng that will slide back and forth.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

the gap is there in case of rain. it allows any water that happens to get sucked up to go out the back and not into the filter. i wouldnt recommend covering the gap up with tape because you only lose a small amount of air and it's a preventative measure against water getting in. although if you never drive in the rain like the guy above go ahead and tape it off.

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

thanks dude, you just saved me a case of beer.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

look it up yourself dude. i found it at LMPerformance.com it's called the Austin SSRA kit. and when you find the picture, you post it up if you like. i've already got the worthless info i needed.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

look it up yourself dude. i found it at LMPerformance.com it's called the Austin SSRA kit. and when you find the picture, you post it up if you like. i've already got the worthless info i needed.
    thanks

Thread Information