Black
    LS6 Swapped WS6

Question Aftermarket Y-pipe...who has the best ground clearance/price?

Looking for a reasonably cheap aftermarket off-road Y-pipe for my Z, car has stock manifolds.

Anyone know a good brand that has at least somewhat decent ground clearance? I don't want to pay a fortune and I'd like to be able to clear most speed bumps with an Eibach Pro Kit on the car.

How are the Pacesetter Y's...good fitment/clearance or no? I like their prices...just for reference. HATE SLP...they make nice equipment but their prices are so un-f*cking-believable it's not even funny!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

I just bought a set of MAC headers that came w/ the Ypipe brand new off of eBay for $500.00. They're midlength headers that work like longtubes due to the way they come together w/ the Ypipe. Spose to be great clearance. Don't have mine on yet, but I'll let you know if you want. Check into them. I think I've seen your car before over in Edison. I ride around there pretty often...

Black
    LS6 Swapped WS6

Like 15-20 minutes from you dude! I'm in Edison. Let me know when you get them on, I wanna see.

btw...my car looks like your avatar...minus the badass motor of course.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk355x View Post
    Like 15-20 minutes from you dude! I'm in Edison. Let me know when you get them on, I wanna see.

btw...my car looks like your avatar...minus the badass motor of course.
    I'll def send ya pics once they're slapped on!
    Yea, I'd have a Pewter one on if I could find it...

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Macs don't "work like Longtubes". They are better than shorties but not near as good as LT's. As for a Y pipe to work with stock manifolds there aren't many options, but I think Mac makes one. I had it on my 99' WS.6 years ago but I'm not sure if they still make it. Pacesetter's Y only works w/ LT's.

The only other y-pipe that I know of that works with the stock manifolds and stock cats is the one made by SLP.
    It's larger 2 1/2 inch diameter and eliminates that smashed flat pipe on the driver side.

But at $200 it's rather pricey for very little if any gain. For another $100 on top of that you can buy a set of pacesetter long tube headers, another $120 or so will get you their matching Y-pipe and these two combined together is about as good as it gets for these cars and it will support many more engine mods in the future, not to mention more bang for your buck.

I would just wait and save the money and do both headers and Y-pipe all in one shot. Just my opinion though. Larry.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Definately not worth the time or money to replace a y-pipe with stock manifolds. Won't do jack-shit for you except dent the wallet a bit and piss you off for doing it.

Black
    LS6 Swapped WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z28 View Post
    Definately not worth the time or money to replace a y-pipe with stock manifolds. Won't do jack-shit for you except dent the wallet a bit and piss you off for doing it.
    Really?? I'm surprised, because the stock Y-pipe looks like the biggest, most restrictive piece of sh*t I've ever seen! I figured it'd help even with stock manifolds...the thing looks like a friggin pancake!

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk355x View Post
    Really?? I'm surprised, because the stock Y-pipe looks like the biggest, most restrictive piece of sh*t I've ever seen! I figured it'd help even with stock manifolds...the thing looks like a friggin pancake!

I had a Mac ORY on my 99 WS.6 with stock manifolds and LM1. Really didn't make any difference other than make the car stupid loud and raspy. Go w/ LT's and ORY.

I have heard mixed reviews on whether the Y-pipe alone makes any real difference. Since they are so expensive to begin with,,,,you are half way there to paying for a set of full length headers and off road Y-pipe, which will give you some gains on a stock motor and also benefit you later on if you change camshafts, heads etc....

Thread Information