2002 ws6 intake stuck

Trying to remove the intake and its stuck on the drivers side rear. Looks like there is a air valve in the back corner but I cant seem to get it loose. There is a nut in the valve cover but another one on the back of the engine. Like , sure. I can get at that. ls1 in an f-body sucks to work on.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

2002 ws6 intake stuck

there are 8 bolts total. nothing else. the vacuum line is on the rear passenger side of the intake. the only other thing back there is the brake booster vacuum hose and the oil pressure sensor.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

It was that vacuum port junk at the back of the intake that was holding things up. SO.
    1.How in the heck to you reinstall this mother without the port seals from falling out or getting screwed up.
    2. Does the vacuum port plug at the end need to be replaced. Seems loose and hard.
    3. Do you need sealant when installing the valley cover gasket?

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

2002 ws6 intake stuck

the seals should hold in place. you could spray a light coat of wd40 to slide the intake around but it's best to drop it straight down as best as possible. you need to drop the 4 bolts that are under the cowl with the intake and hold them up to install the intake. you won't be able to put them in otherwise.

check the ports on the intake make sure no cracks. tge hose can be replaced. you should if it's dry rot or cracked.

I tape the knock sensor wires down with masking tape to the valley cover tray. that way tgey don't get dragged over a cylinder.

now would also be a great time to change out the opsu. they get fragile with age.

Crank position sensor and oil pressure sensor. That is the mission goal here. See other thread for oil sending unit question and knock units.

Thread Information