Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

2001 trans am trouble with headers

my 2001 trans am I got my cllutch,flywheel,new tranny all that buttoned up...my headers went alright, I got pacesetter ypipe and headers, they fit good, the passenger side I cant tell if the plug wire boots snapped or not cause theres no room, I heard pacesetters were best fitting feels like sticking ur hands in a briar patch when trying to get plug wire boots on the plugs on passenger side..I hope they are on, my buddy that helped me has an LT1 1995 trans am he said his were similar but not near as hard and he had pacesetters too....well the passenger Air Fuel 02 sensor was easy to install...the driver side I can find a way to route the 02 sensor to the plug in without it layin right on the header, the sensor plugin is right in between the header and tranny....and help??????????

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by getcha01 View Post
    my 2001 trans am I got my cllutch,flywheel,new tranny all that buttoned up...my headers went alright, I got pacesetter ypipe and headers, they fit good, the passenger side I cant tell if the plug wire boots snapped or not cause theres no room, I heard pacesetters were best fitting feels like sticking ur hands in a briar patch when trying to get plug wire boots on the plugs on passenger side..I hope they are on, my buddy that helped me has an LT1 1995 trans am he said his were similar but not near as hard and he had pacesetters too....well the passenger Air Fuel 02 sensor was easy to install...the driver side I can find a way to route the 02 sensor to the plug in without it layin right on the header, the sensor plugin is right in between the header and tranny....and help??????????
    how about using one of the zipties with an eyelet so you can mount the plug alittle higher than the stock location

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I ran mine up to that heat shield just above the header and drilled a small hole in that heat shield and zip tied it to that.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I ran mine up to that heat shield just above the header and drilled a small hole in that heat shield and zip tied it to that.
    in the goat i actually was able to tuck it behind the heat sheild, but im not sure how different the F-bodies are

Thread Information