Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

Z06 Fenders on C6

Hey everyone I have been looking at putting z06 fenders on my car, just wondering if anyone here has done it and where they got the fenders from. I want to make sure I get a high quality product, but am trying to see if I can save some money from the GM sets. I found Ecklers has a setup that comes with everything including all the brake ducts. Once I find a good set, then comes the scary part...I am going to paint them myself.

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 001CamaroSS View Post
    Hey everyone I have been looking at putting z06 fenders on my car, just wondering if anyone here has done it and where they got the fenders from. I want to make sure I get a high quality product, but am trying to see if I can save some money from the GM sets. I found Ecklers has a setup that comes with everything including all the brake ducts. Once I find a good set, then comes the scary part...I am going to paint them myself.
    From what I've been reading, the z06 fenders won't fit unless you also change the bumper cover as well.

victory red
    2007 zo6

not to be a wise guy? but if you really want zo6 fenders-brakes- lower gears in stick tranny, oil sump system, fatter sways bars, shocks, springs-larger tires and wheels, better exhaust, etc. just buy grand sport coupe corvette .. good deals on them with this economy.!!! rkvette

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

The owner of a body shop who my job has an account with has the nose, front and rear fenders and the rear diffuser from a C6Z on his C6. He also takes his car to the tuner I go to. I also think he has the brakes. Looks awesome. I thought it was a C6Z until I saw the targa off. At first I was like WTF?

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by rkvette View Post
    not to be a wise guy? but if you really want zo6 fenders-brakes- lower gears in stick tranny, oil sump system, fatter sways bars, shocks, springs-larger tires and wheels, better exhaust, etc. just buy grand sport coupe corvette .. good deals on them with this economy.!!! rkvette
    I think I'm missing something here. I think the OP is only interested in the front fenders and the obligatory brake ducts that go with them, maybe he already has the wide body rear quarter panels, I don't get where he's saying he wants all the goodies that make up a Z06.
    Or again...am I missing something?

victory red
    2007 zo6

rather than have a mickey mouse c6/gs ? you already have a c6, and can trade up or buy a gs coupe! and will have all these items on it from factory... will be done right, and have the gm factory warranty -100,000 deal ! rkvette

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thats what a guy did with his C6 3LT, traded it in and bought a GS vette. He couldnt be any happier. Got good money for his trade and basically gave away the GS vette just to sell a unit.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by rkvette View Post
    rather than have a mickey mouse c6/gs ? you already have a c6, and can trade up or buy a gs coupe! and will have all these items on it from factory... will be done right, and have the gm factory warranty -100,000 deal ! rkvette
    I like this thought alot better.

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

Yeah I mean, I definitely didn't say I wanted anything except fenders... You're talking about a crazy price difference for me to trade up to a new GS. They go mid 60's right, what's my car worth, 30. I don't plan on my fenders costing 30k, I was thinking at least rears 2k or less doing it myself, fronts 3k if I do them. Plus I can maybe sell my current fenders. I just want to know if anyone has done the fenders so I can find out where they got them and how they fit. I'm only 22 and I'm in the Air Force, so please don't recommend a zr1 next.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 001CamaroSS View Post
    Yeah I mean, I definitely didn't say I wanted anything except fenders... You're talking about a crazy price difference for me to trade up to a new GS. They go mid 60's right, what's my car worth, 30. I don't plan on my fenders costing 30k, I was thinking at least rears 2k or less doing it myself, fronts 3k if I do them. Plus I can maybe sell my current fenders. I just want to know if anyone has done the fenders so I can find out where they got them and how they fit. I'm only 22 and I'm in the Air Force, so please don't recommend a zr1 next.
    I feel ya man. Massive price difference........"BUT" its easier spending someone elses money Good luck, I have no useful info to help you unfor
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black
    2001 WS6

u should go big and get the zr1 fenders.

Thread Information