Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

What do you think about this?

Putting an LS6 in a C4, I have the LS6 still in my garage from when I was gonna put it in a S10 but that was a failure, how hard do you think it would be for a swap! And do you know anyone selling a C4

Red, Pewter
    03 cobra07 street glide

i wouldn't if i were you why not look for a c5 with no engine or something. why do you want a c4?
    Last edited by brendan.9; 10-31-2010 at 03:10 PM.

black
    1998 transam ws6

i would look for c5 also

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Idk its less expected and it is cheaper. I love the way they look as well

Ray Charles blue

I am a C4 fan!

Do an early C4, that way people underestimate it even more! Would love to have an LS6 in a Cross-Fire Corvette. Not sure how the A4 would work with it but then again I think the early A4s were run off pressure and not as much for the electronic portion............I could be wrong. Or the Doug Nash 4+3 might not be up for the power but hey, a ZF 6-speed should hold it without issues if a good clutch is used.

Check the Corvette forums. I have to see this. It is being done by the way, I saw a few over there with the LS1/LS6 swap as well as some 3.8 turbos!

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    Idk its less expected and it is cheaper. I love the way they look as well
    +1 to that. If it can be done, it would be fricking sweet!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I also like the early pre "king of the hill" cars too. The chisled look is my fav.. But sorry on the engine I'd rather have a nicely done LT5..lol
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I also like the early pre "king of the hill" cars too. The chisled look is my fav.. But sorry on the engine I'd rather have a nicely done LT5..lol
    I mean I already have the engine so I wouldn't waste money on buying a different one, but i was looking at the stage two heads and maybe building up the motor and then getting crazy with restoring the vette

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

I mean I already have the engine so I wouldn't waste money on buying a different one, but i was looking at the stage two heads and maybe building up the motor and then getting crazy with restoring the vette
    Just my personal DOHC preference.. Nothing wrong with your plan either..

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Man i can go for a drink, stressful day at work/classes

Ray Charles blue

Just my personal DOHC preference.. Nothing wrong with your plan either..
    A friend of mine has had both the LT5 and the LS6. The LT5 felt like it pulled harder up top but lacked the low end like the LS6. Yeah, hard to believe the LS6 has more low end than something! lol Seriously though, his LT5 felt like it came to life at about 3200-3400 rpms all the way to 6900. The LT5 is heavier than the LT1 if I recall but he hemi style heads look so killer. I tell people its the original V-tec. My import buddies alway yack about DOHC power and I tell them about the LT5 and they have to google it to make sure I am not a liar.

The OP would have one kick ass 80s vette with that engine. Thing is the earlier C4s didnt get the 3.42s did they? I think it came around with the ZF tranny.

Man i can go for a drink, stressful day at work/classes
    Teacher, prof, student?

I am a student.....it blows...lol

I am having a few bottles of wine and working on my Oral Comm Speech for Friday. This thing should read wonderful tomorrow.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    A friend of mine has had both the LT5 and the LS6. The LT5 felt like it pulled harder up top but lacked the low end like the LS6. Yeah, hard to believe the LS6 has more low end than something! lol Seriously though, his LT5 felt like it came to life at about 3200-3400 rpms all the way to 6900. The LT5 is heavier than the LT1 if I recall but he hemi style heads look so killer. I tell people its the original V-tec. My import buddies alway yack about DOHC power and I tell them about the LT5 and they have to google it to make sure I am not a liar.

The OP would have one kick ass 80s vette with that engine. Thing is the earlier C4s didnt get the 3.42s did they? I think it came around with the ZF tranny.

Teacher, prof, student?

I am a student.....it blows...lol

I am having a few bottles of wine and working on my Oral Comm Speech for Friday. This thing should read wonderful tomorrow.
    DOHC engines are geneally designed to operate in the higher rpm ranges most will pull till they blow or the valves float.. Usually factory valve springs for DOHC engines are generally designed to float to avoid over rev and head damage.. Respring it and set a good rev limiter will make a world of difference. The timming options are great even with stock cams since you have a seperate cam for each row of valves.. Many times dohc motors are detuned for driveability and to last @ least as long as the max service life.. I ran a -6 exhaust and a +6 intake when I was N/A.. It was good for more than 50hp crank with custom supporting mods. Which is amazing considering nothing was done @ the time internally except spring shims and a retune.. Added a stage 3 chip (obdI) and @ 40 mph would break traction.. Not too shabby for small displacement N/A v6 puller car..imho Same goes for the LT5.. So much hidden potental.. Just have to dig deep in your pockets to find it lol..
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-03-2010 at 07:09 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

DOHC engines are geneally designed to operate in the higher rpm ranges most will pull till they blow or the valves float.. Usually factory valve springs for DOHC engines are generally designed to float to avoid over rev and head damage.. Respring it and set a good rev limiter will make a world of difference. The timming options are great even with stock cams since you have a seperate cam for each row of valves.. Many times dohc motors are detuned for driveability and to last @ least as long as the max service life.. I ran a -6 exhaust and a +6 intake when I was N/A.. It was good for more than 50hp crank with custom supporting mods. Which is amazing considering nothing was done @ the time internally except spring shims and a retune.. Added a stage 3 chip (obdI) and @ 40 mph would break traction.. Not too shabby for small displacement N/A v6 puller car..imho Same goes for the LT5.. So much hidden potental.. Just have to dig deep in your pockets to find it lol..
    oh and lets not forget the sound of a "v" style dohc.. Pure music...

Sorry for the thread jack..

Ray Charles blue

Any luck finding a car yet OP?

I hear you. I think I saw in the ZR1 history book that was out that they set the rev limiter at 6900 not to save the engine but because it would save the driver from making the pully system fall apart or something. I know that an LT5 with a Corsa exhaust sounds oh so sweet. Especially when you are doing about 125 in 4th gears........it made me happy in the pants.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

I'm still looking for one, I think I am going to have to do a tranny swap as well, and I am a Army ROTC student

Ray Charles blue

Nice..........good luck with finding a Corvette. If I find a cheapo one I will send it your way.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    I am a C4 fan!

Do an early C4, that way people underestimate it even more! Would love to have an LS6 in a Cross-Fire Corvette. Not sure how the A4 would work with it but then again I think the early A4s were run off pressure and not as much for the electronic portion............I could be wrong. Or the Doug Nash 4+3 might not be up for the power but hey, a ZF 6-speed should hold it without issues if a good clutch is used.

Check the Corvette forums. I have to see this. It is being done by the way, I saw a few over there with the LS1/LS6 swap as well as some 3.8 turbos!
    i hate the dash's and intrument clusters in the early c4's... especially the passenger side...

i know the LS6 will fit but i'm not sure if you'll have to do any cutting or not...

Ray Charles blue

Im with ya spaz on the cluster. I think the whole world is.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

I test drove a 91 today and I really liked it I'll get pictures up here as soon as I'm done with the football game and get back to my dorm

Ray Charles blue

Cool, last year of the tuned port before the LT1, the LT1 is a tuned port but..........you know what I mean..........lol

Thread Information