Red
    2002 T/A

Thinking of buying this vette

Hey guys i was looking to buy this vette. Its a 2001 and has 28,500 mi, went to the dealer and took it for a test drive. Drove very well had a great experience driving it. There were a few things that had me question its value considering its mileage. 1. The door would not lock properly 2. The seat cushion was falling off to the side a bit 3.It was missing its radio tuner knob(not a big deal). He carfaxed and it came clean, it did fail emissions at 10k though and was auctioned off more than 6 times, but still wanted to know ur guys input. Selling it on the ad for 19750, says the lowest he'll go is 19,000. What do yall think?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...pe=b&make=CHEV

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by DTFHC77 View Post
    Hey guys i was looking to buy this vette. Its a 2001 and has 28,500 mi, went to the dealer and took it for a test drive. Drove very well had a great experience driving it. There were a few things that had me question its value considering its mileage. 1. The door would not lock properly 2. The seat cushion was falling off to the side a bit 3.It was missing its radio tuner knob(not a big deal). He carfaxed and it came clean, it did fail emissions at 10k though and was auctioned off more than 6 times, but still wanted to know ur guys input. Selling it on the ad for 19750, says the lowest he'll go is 19,000. What do yall think?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...pe=b&make=CHEV
    Judging by just what you said move on there are plenty of cherry z06's for 22g's w/ no problems at all, and you don't pay dealer fees as well. Go on ls1tech.com you will be pleasantly surprised.

None

A Private owner would be a better plan!

Quickslver
    2002 Corvette

Thats an interesting carfax. It states only 2 owners, but it appears to be 4 or more. Its always a plus to get one with low mileage like this one. The seat, radio knob, and doorlock are relatively minor things. C5s have a lot of quirky things like these. I wouldn't worry about a failed inspection at 7,000 miles.
    How is the paint, tires, interior, other than seat problem? How do trans, brakes, steering, shocks, feel?
    Many times dealers will buy car at auction then auction off to other dealers. That could explain all the auctions.
    If you really like it, offer 17,500/18,000 out the door. Not a lot of Corvette customers out there right now, but there are a lot of sellers. Check out corvettefoum.com under C5s for sale. There are many there for sale. I wouldn't rush to buy one. There are a lot of good deals out there, if you shop smart. Mike

Red
    2002 T/A

Thanks for the input yall ill definitely take that in mind, im already finding some great deals around the Dallas area, so its all good.

Jet Stream Blue
    2009 Lingenfelter ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Judging by just what you said move on there are plenty of cherry z06's for 22g's w/ no problems at all, and you don't pay dealer fees as well. Go on ls1tech.com you will be pleasantly surprised.
    Good advice!

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

low miles for sure

Thread Information