Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Exclamation Supervettes kit transforms C6 Corvette into C7... sort of

Filed under: Aftermarket, Coupe, Performance, Chevrolet

Imagine, if you will, that you began living under a rock from January 13, 2013 on, and only emerged long enough to purchase a sixth-generation Chevrolet Corvette. You had no knowledge of the heavily redesigned, seventh-generation Corvette - it's shapely new body and enthusiast-infuriating rear taillights were as foreign as the Bhagavad Gita recited in Klingon. On one of your rare outings from your rocky dwelling and behind the wheel of your C6 Vette, though, you stumbled upon one of Chevy's new Stingrays and were completely taken by it.

But, rather than going out and trying to buy one of the new cars, you'd rather keep your C6. What's a rock-dwelling Vette driver to do? Well, if you have about $60,000 handy, you pick up Supervettes' new SV8.R conversion. Designed to transform any 2005 to 2013 C6 into a sharper looking, more modern Corvette, it features a carbon-fiber body that's supposedly been inspired by older Corvettes, while still borrowing heavily from the C7. Unlike the new Stingray, though, the Supervettes SV8.R retains four round taillights, and it is said to be five inches wider than a C6 ZR1.

Other changes that come with the kit include new 20-inch front and 21-inch rear wheels shod in Pirelli Pzero tires. A new exhaust, new brakes, new lighting and a fresh coat of paint for the car's new body are also included. Eventually, interior treatments will be available, as well as exposed carbon-fiber options. Five pre-orders are available, starting at $59,995, while future orders will cost an even $65K. We will say, as conversion kits go, we've certainly seen worse than what Supervettes has put together.

We've got images of the Supervettes kit above and in a variety of different colors. There's also a full press release about the design process available below. As a final parting thought, we'd just like to take this opportunity to remind any reading this that a brand-new 2014 Corvette Stingray can be had for less than the price of this kit. Just sayin'...Continue reading Supervettes kit transforms C6 Corvette into C7... sort of
    Supervettes kit transforms C6 Corvette into C7... sort of originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 26 Dec 2013 19:22:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

Nice, but pricey
    I like work. It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

My Cardomain Site My Fquick site Custom Installs

Thread Information