gray
    1999 Corvette

Supercharged Corvette

Does any body have a supercharged corvette? I want one but, it's going to cost $8,000 and it will only blow 6-7 PSI. Will the supercharger improve it that much for the price or are there other superchargers that are cheaper and will do more?

1932 Ford Coupe
    2002 Corvette Ragtop

Check out A & A Corvettes. Their systems usually run about $5500.00. They are Vortech systems. Check out the website.

Jet Stream Blue
    2009 Lingenfelter ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar Limon View Post
    Does any body have a supercharged corvette? I want one but, it's going to cost $8,000 and it will only blow 6-7 PSI. Will the supercharger improve it that much for the price or are there other superchargers that are cheaper and will do more?
    If you don't mind a used kit, you can usually get one for around $3500-$4000
    depending on mileage. I've got the Procharger kit modified by Andy @ A&A it puts out 560 to the wheels with mild blower cam/ported heads and 7psi. I bought it used, installed myself along with the heads/cam and it came out to a little under $5k, but that's doing it yourself. Good luck!
    2009 JSB Lingenfelter ZR1

millenium yellow
    2002 corvette Z06

what kit was $8K?
    315rwhp 98 SILVER Z28 (3500lbs)- SOLD
    400rwhp 99 HUGGER SS (3375lbs)- SOLD
    340rwhp 02 YELLOW Z06 (3040lbs)

Yellow
    2000 Corvette

Go to ECS, they're the best. I have A&A kit.

2000 Corvette

I am dying to SC mine too, just need the $$$

Metallic Red
    2002 Corvette Coupe

The first Procharger blower I bought, I bought used off eBay (P-1SC-1) for around $4K and ran it without any problems for about two years when I upgraded it to a D-1SC. Altogether I have owned four blowers (also have one in my truck) and have an F-1R in the box. BUT once you have run a blower you will think it's the BEST mod money you ever spent and will have a hard time being without one. The initial P-1SC put my stock LS1 over 500 HP (flywheel), but of course I didn't stop there. There are people today spending $70K on a new Z06 to get 500 HP.
    Michael
    In GA waving from '02 C5 LS1, Z51, D1SC, 60lb injectors,RPM level 5-4L60E, 3:42, Yank 3600, QA1-12 ways, MTI long headers, high flow cats, Borlas, Wilwood, 603rwhp, 542rwtq.(DynoJet 248-C) 10.89@127.57 on street tires, Race Weight 3,640 lbs

YELLOW
    03 Z06

i have a supercharged Z06. lingenfelter installed maggie, zero problems, tons of power. your comment about ps1 is inaccurate, you can run 10-11 psi if you forge the lower end, but you still take chances with clutch,tranny, and blowing something up. good luck with whatever you decide

Rippin
    Quote Originally Posted by emuffinman1 View Post
    Go to ECS, they're the best. I have A&A kit.
    is that East Coast Superchargers? One of our club members had his done there and it came out really well. he also went for the three stage clutch and it cost him ( with the high rise hood and paint ) $ 12,000.00

quick silver
    02 z06

ecs makes the best kits around, go with the paxton novi 2000... my car was stock and i had that kit put on and i made 546rwhp and 466rwtq.... that was on 6 psi.... the kit is $6495 comes with everything... if u go to their website the kit is on thier home page just click on the novi 2000.... eastcoastsupercharging. com

Metallic Red
    2002 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by PDQZ06 View Post
    i have a supercharged Z06. lingenfelter installed maggie, zero problems, tons of power. your comment about ps1 is inaccurate, you can run 10-11 psi if you forge the lower end, but you still take chances with clutch,tranny, and blowing something up. good luck with whatever you decide
    Whos "comment about ps1 is inaccurate"? AND what is "ps1"? I can't find this anywhere in this thread. Did you mean "psi" ?

Black
    2002 Corvette

I have the A&A P1-sc and love it. I'm running around 8psi max.
    2002 Corvette Coupe 1SA, MN6. A&A Corvettes P1SC Procharger, Comp Cams 220/224 .581/.581 114lsa, RPS Stage 4 clutch, Bilstein sports, Borla cat-back, chrome Z06's (18/9.5f 275/35 & 18/12r 335/30) and some other stuff. 571rwhp 530 rwtq.

Yellow
    2000 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Rippin View Post
    is that East Coast Superchargers? One of our club members had his done there and it came out really well. he also went for the three stage clutch and it cost him ( with the high rise hood and paint ) $ 12,000.00
    Go to East Coast Supercharging, or FLP in Chicago, it is the only way to go. I have an A&A D-1 that had to be modified by FLP to work right. It might cost, but you will get it done right. There are to many tuners out there that do it wrong and it will cost you more in the long run, trust me! If I had the opportunity to do it all over again I would go turbo, without question. Paul
    Last edited by emuffinman1; 09-19-2006 at 05:33 AM.

Metallic Red
    2002 Corvette Coupe

Go to East Coast Supercharging, or FLP in Chicago, it is the only way to go. I have an A&A D-1 that had to be modified by FLP to work right. It might cost, but you will get it done right. There are to many tuners out there that do it wrong and it will cost you more in the long run, trust me! If I had the opportunity to do it all over again I would go turbo, without question. Paul
    Paul I don't have an A&A D1 (stopped dealing with them awile ago), but am curious what modifications FLP had to make to it. I thought A&A's mods were
    mostly bracket and tubing/intercooler (which I have), but the head unit is all
    Procharger. I did scrap A&A's bracket and installed Procharger's new bracket.

Yellow
    2000 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by GA Country Boy View Post
    Paul I don't have an A&A D1 (stopped dealing with them awile ago), but am curious what modifications FLP had to make to it. I thought A&A's mods were
    mostly bracket and tubing/intercooler (which I have), but the head unit is all
    Procharger. I did scrap A&A's bracket and installed Procharger's new bracket.
    We had to put another pully on the A&A bracket for better belt wrap and this is with a 8 rib system. Paul

Metallic Red
    2002 Corvette Coupe

We had to put another pully on the A&A bracket for better belt wrap and this is with a 8 rib system. Paul
    Mine is also 8 rib and I wasn't too thrilled about junking my A&A bracket after paying around $500 for it, but we felt the new Procharger is much better and can be adjusted easily, so that's what I'm running. The A&A bracket was okay when I had a larger pulley on my old P-1SC at 7 psi, but NOT with a 3" at 14 psi.
    There are people on another forum who believe Andy is the next thing to God, but I am not one of them.

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar Limon View Post
    Go Turbo !

Yellow
    2000 Corvette

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by GA Country Boy View Post
    Mine is also 8 rib and I wasn't too thrilled about junking my A&A bracket after paying around $500 for it, but we felt the new Procharger is much better and can be adjusted easily, so that's what I'm running. The A&A bracket was okay when I had a larger pulley on my old P-1SC at 7 psi, but NOT with a 3" at 14 psi.
    There are people on another forum who believe Andy is the next thing to God, but I am not one of them.
    Andy recommended and sold me a pulley, which no belt will work with it. The rings on the LS2 402 are too lose that allows boost in the crank case, which effects top end power and hot oil temperature. I don't need to say anything else. Paul

silver

i went procharger and with a really bad clutch it did 490rwhp

Thread Information