Thread: SS vs. GTO

white
    2000 camaro ss

SS vs. GTO

well i finally ran my buddy's 06 GTO with SLP cat back and surprisingly i had him up to 135mph starting 45mph 2nd gear freeway run. he would pass me right after i would shift into 5th (my clutch would sleep 3 to 4th and 4th to 5th) my 2000 SS has slp loudmouth, hooker shorties, and slp high flow lid. not to mention 82000 miles. so what do u guys think? on the freeway GTOs weight is not an issue, but the 65 extra horses do alot.

silver
    2000 corvette coupe

was the goat a m6, I've got a buddy that just traded in his ss for a gto, he just got it, I've got a g meter, We'll have to see how it compares to my c5 m6 coupe. I'm thinking it'll be close but I've got a slightly better hp to weight ratio and fatter tires. He's got a m6 also. I've ran a 12.9 on the g meter. I've got slp blackwing, smooth bellow, throttle body, and loud mouth exhaust.

Why the hell is this is Corvette?

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by doctorslp View Post
    well i finally ran my buddy's 06 GTO with SLP cat back and surprisingly i had him up to 135mph starting 45mph 2nd gear freeway run. he would pass me right after i would shift into 5th (my clutch would sleep 3 to 4th and 4th to 5th) my 2000 SS has slp loudmouth, hooker shorties, and slp high flow lid. not to mention 82000 miles. so what do u guys think? on the freeway GTOs weight is not an issue, but the 65 extra horses do alot.
    i test drove a 06 gto m6.... it was faster from a dig than my car a4 but from a 55 mph roll my car is faster

MYSTIC TEAL
    95 Z28 CAMARO

I kept a 05 gto for a few days and loved the car, I don't think an F-body and beat the gto at least 05 and up.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I think it would. I am not for sure though

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    I think it would. I am not for sure though
    the 06 gto is faster they are close...but in the looks dept ss rules

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

dammit so that guy back at home with his 06 gto makes me not the fastest one in my small town any more... I'm modded and he's stock, so who knows. I bet we're about dead even now. He's a m6 too. I plan to have a few more mods before I go back home to have a few more rwhp's up on him.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

dammit so that guy back at home with his 06 gto makes me not the fastest one in my small town any more... I'm modded and he's stock, so who knows. I bet we're about dead even now. He's a m6 too. I plan to have a few more mods before I go back home to have a few more rwhp's up on him.
    forgot bout your mods......they are quick on take off but the one i drove didnt impress me from a 50 mph roll.....u would be faster with your mods no doubt

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

GREAT! If I'm right, our tires are wider right? So I could have quite a bit more power and with good grip I just gotta keep my driving on point.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

GREAT! If I'm right, our tires are wider right? So I could have quite a bit more power and with good grip I just gotta keep my driving on point.
    the gto 's have bad wheel hop...the one i drove bounced like krazy when a dumped the clutch on take off

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Mine doesn't hardly know what wheel hop is. Only if I'm on slightly loose ground like say making a tight turn high rpms and asphalt with a few rocks on it, then I feel it but how often do you end up in a situation like that? hahaha

Before I go back home I want gmmg, subframes, and a pully, I hope to be around 360-370rwhp then. I'll dyno at the end of the summer.

Thread Information