Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Someone with experience of both models.......

I would like to know the significant differences/advantages of a C5 versus a C6. Obviously the C6 has the LS2/3, but I am talking other things like interior/comfort/gadgets etc.

Is there that much difference between a C5 and C6 other than the improved motors?

Really not interested in what you can read or second hand info, I would like to hear first hand experience from someone that has owned or been around both models.

2011 Prius

The C6 is shorter and has the wheels closer towards then the ends of the car. I think the chassis is tighter, bigger brakes. All this makes for a better handling car, better for the track. At least this is to my understanding. I driven both, and to me that C6 seems to handle better (I only driven a Z51 and a new Grand Sport). But for some reason, I like the C5's better (I can't put a finger on why).

black
    02 vette vert

C5 is all over the C6 in the style department, i don't care what else they did. sorry, off topic, but relevent imo.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    C5 is all over the C6 in the style department, i don't care what else they did. sorry, off topic, but relevent imo.
    Can you elaborate, I am interested in things like this. What makes you think the C5>C6 in styling?

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Can you elaborate, I am interested in things like this. What makes you think the C5>C6 in styling?
    If you ask me, the C6 wants to look like a Ferrari. It's not a Ferrari though... The C5 has a style of it's own and stands out. Plus IDK, the C5 feels raw compared to the C6's to me it does.

black
    02 vette vert

smoother, sleeker front end, except with the headlights up, the rear on the c6 has an unfinished look with the backups moved to the bottom, overall the c6 just took on a more angular look. the overall smoother flow of the c5 is more pleasing to my eye.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^Especially with the door bumper strip removed. I don't know why those are on so many C5s!

Oh and Y2K, are you gonna changer your avatar to a horseshoe if/when the Colts win this Sunday?

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    ^^^Especially with the door bumper strip removed. I don't know why those are on so many C5s!

Oh and Y2K, are you gonna changer your avatar to a horseshoe if/when the Colts win this Sunday?
    see, that's how this whole car thing works. mine has the bumper strip, and when i see one without it it looks like something was forgotten.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

In my GM C6 launch book I think that GM itself quite summed it up fairly well when asked about the styling of the new C6 vs. the outgoing C5.
    The C5 looks like a guy who ready to do battle, but maybe he's had a few beers, a little soft.
    The C6 is a razor sharp athlete, perfectly poised to win the battle.

Blk
    Z06 Corvette

Both are nice cars

Like some people I don't like the Ghastly rear windsheild looking glass out back on the C6 But I do like the Front end of the car I think it looks great infact

If I were you I'd buy the C6 Z06

I can't comment on the interior refinement on either car even though I own a C5 Z06

I don't even know how to operate the seats or the stereo lol

and I've had the car for 3.5 years

The reason why is I'm performance guy and I only notice the suspension and Drivetrain performance when I'm behind the wheel

My C5 Z06 is on the Pipe and goes where I point it.

It also has an Old skool muscle car button top with a rear Deck out back

I will probably buy a C6 Z06 in the future though

Because they offer the LS7 motor with titanium connecting rods and dry sump oiling.

Von

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

smoother, sleeker front end, except with the headlights up, the rear on the c6 has an unfinished look with the backups moved to the bottom, overall the c6 just took on a more angular look. the overall smoother flow of the c5 is more pleasing to my eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post

I doubt it. I am by no means a Saints fan, its just a joke thing between me and Orion. He knows I am not a Saints fan either, I have just picked about every game wrong this year, so in hopes of the Colts winning, I am rooting for the Saints

I do like the exterior looks of the C5. I have 2 pictures on my home computer I will post later tonight that really entice me to get a C5.

see, that's how this whole car thing works. mine has the bumper strip, and when i see one without it it looks like something was forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    In my GM C6 launch book I think that GM itself quite summed it up fairly well when asked about the styling of the new C6 vs. the outgoing C5.
    The C5 looks like a guy who ready to do battle, but maybe he's had a few beers, a little soft.
    The C6 is a razor sharp athlete, perfectly poised to win the battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDutch View Post
    Both are nice cars

Like some people I don't like the Ghastly rear windsheild looking glass out back on the C6 But I do like the Front end of the car I think it looks great infact

If I were you I'd buy the C6 Z06

I can't comment on the interior refinement on either car even though I own a C5 Z06

I don't even know how to operate the seats or the stereo lol

and I've had the car for 3.5 years

The reason why is I'm performance guy and I only notice the suspension and Drivetrain performance when I'm behind the wheel

My C5 Z06 is on the Pipe and goes where I point it.

It also has an Old skool muscle car button top with a rear Deck out back

I will probably buy a C6 Z06 in the future though

Because they offer the LS7 motor with titanium connecting rods and dry sump oiling.

Von
    To be able to afford a C6Z, which is something I would really really love to own, I would probably have to wait an additional year. I don't know that I want to wait that much longer honestly.

One question I have have for you guys, how do the interiors fare versus one another, comfort/styling/quality. I have heard and read where most people prefer the C6 is better on all accounts. Is that pretty much truthful?

2011 Prius

One question I have have for you guys, how do the interiors fare versus one another, comfort/styling/quality. I have heard and read where most people prefer the C6 is better on all accounts. Is that pretty much truthful?
    By a yard stick, best advice I can give you. Take one out for an hour or two for lunch, see witch you like better. Most dealers are willing to do this, if you prove have funds or financing.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

These 2 photos have always made me love the C5s

2011 Prius

Never liked a white Z, but damn that's nice.

99 Z28 04 Corvette

Here's a bad pic of my C5. not a z06 and obviously Im biased but I think it's an amazing looking car. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2w4lfcy&s=6

Spiral Gray
    2004 Auto Corvette

I just took delivery on a C5 today. It feels more like a sports car to me than a C6. Yes the C6 is faster but the C5 moves pretty good as well. I cant explain it, the C6 to me feels soft. The C5 feels tough!

99 Z28 04 Corvette

Yea everything feels tight on my c5 but the ride is rough, from the wheels im guessing, doesnt bother me really. I think both c5s and c6s look incredible. I just got a good deal on mine so thats what I bought, also it doesnt hurt that its supercharged and has a few bolt ons.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I hate the way my buddies 98 rides....just not a comfortable car IMO. At the end of the day it's a vette but it doesn't come close to the ride or interior the GTO has.

black
    02 vette vert

one thing to add, i love the frc look, absolutely the baddest in my book. i went with a vert which has the same look with the top up. if i get tired of the drop top i'm definately getting a frc, probably a z06 mostly because there seems to be a better selection of them for sale at any given time. and of course the added performance wouldn't hurt.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I hate the way my buddies 98 rides....just not a comfortable car IMO. At the end of the day it's a vette but it doesn't come close to the ride or interior the GTO has.
    Has your buddy modded his any, lowered it, or is it stock Orion?

Thread Information